Deployment errors

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
As indicated in https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/amber/wiki/Deploying-Amber , I ran `grunt deploy`, and then copied index.html and the.js into my www folders. But when I ran `amber serve`, in the console I got:
  Uncaught Error
  $core.addMethod.$core.method.fn @ the.js:71
  i @ the.js:71
  s @ the.js:71
  (anonymous function) @ the.js:71
  $core.addMethod.$core.method.fn @ the.js:71
  $core.addMethod.$core.method.fn @ the.js:71
  $core.addMethod.$core.method.fn @ the.js:71
  (anonymous function) @ (index):23r.execCb @ the.js:71
  n.check @ the.js:71
  n.enable @ the.js:71
  n.init @ the.js:71
  (anonymous function) @ the.js:71

Any ideas?

One theory I had was that maybe I need to declare my package's dependency on jquery-ui, but I'm not sure how to do that or if that's even part of the problem...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Deployment errors

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Sean P. DeNigris wrote
Any ideas? ... maybe I need to declare my package's dependency on jquery-ui
That appeared to be the problem. Additional steps required:
1. Add jquery-ui.amd.json and jquery.amd.json, which I copied from Helios
2. Add jquery and jquery-ui to deploy.js

It seems to work now. I'll confirm when I upload to the server...
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Deployment errors

Herby Vojčík

Dňa 15. júna 2015 22:12:00 CEST používateľ "Sean P. DeNigris" <[hidden email]> napísal:
> Sean P. DeNigris wrote
> > Any ideas? ... maybe I need to declare my package's dependency on
> > jquery-ui
>
> That appeared to be the problem. Additional steps required:
> 1. Add jquery-ui.amd.json and jquery.amd.json, which I copied from
> Helios
> 2. Add jquery and jquery-ui to deploy.js

No need for jquery, jquery-ui is enough.

BTW, deploy.js should be used only when you want to say "jquery-ui" is part/dependency of an app as a whole. Problem with this is if ypu want to share code / you would need to repeat yourself in each place.

If you want to put your dependency close to the code, you should put 'jquery-ui' in imports: section of each package that dependa on its presence (and use deploy.js as it was meant - only as a list of packages that builder should pack into deployment the.js - their dependencies are included as well).

Re: Deployment errors

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Herby Vojčík wrote
put 'jquery-ui' in imports: section of each package
Ah... do it in Smalltalk - even better! I noticed changing the imports does not mark the package dirty in Helios. Is that a known problem or should I create an issue?
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Deployment errors

Herby Vojčík
Known Helios problem, not sure if it has an issue (in helios repo, of course).

Sean P. DeNigris wrote:

> Herby Vojčík wrote
>> put 'jquery-ui' in imports: section of each package
>
> Ah... do it in Smalltalk - even better! I noticed changing the imports does
> not mark the package dirty in Helios. Is that a known problem or should I
> create an issue?
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean

Re: Deployment errors

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Herby Vojčík wrote
not sure if it has an issue (in helios repo, of course).
Didn't see one. https://github.com/amber-smalltalk/helios/issues/68
Cheers,
Sean