Deprecation

1 message Options

Deprecation

Stéphane Ducasse
 From elliot

On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM, Ken Causey <ken <at> kencausey.com>
wrote:
        I would like to suggest that we develop a formal deprecation policy.
It
        could be as simple as deprecate in one release, remove in the next.  I
        just think we need to be consistent about it and remove no individual
        methods without following it.  How this relates to the idea of
        repackaging and removing whole categories of classes, I'm not so sure.

It would be good to add a date, version and selector Deprecation as in

     self deprecated: 'use Foo>>mumble' on: '2009/6/3' in:
'Croquet1.0beta'

Move the preference check into Deprecation defaultAction.  This would
allow logging to collect a set of selectors used in a particular run,
e.g.
     deprecations := Deprecation deprecationsWhile: [self runMyTests]

as in the attached

134871-001.bin (5K) Download Attachment