Description Data - Properties Vs. Inst Vars

Description Data - Properties Vs. Inst Vars

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Looking through the MADescription hierarchy, *almost* all field data is
stored as properties, except MAReferenceDescription>>#reference,
MAOptionDescription>>#options and a few others. Why these anomalies? Design
decision or mistake?

-----
Cheers,
Sean
--
Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Magritte-Pier-and-Related-Tools-f115649.html
Sean

Re: Description Data - Properties Vs. Inst Vars

NorbertHartl
To me it is more a separation between mandatory and optional fields. If a class is called
ReferenceDescription it feels natural it has a reference instVar. Same for OptionDescription.

I don’t see the need for unifying anything.

Norbert