Detect OS version?

Steve Cline-2
I want to detect whether I am on WIndows 7 vs. Windows XP (related to losing the ability to write to the root of C:, I can't change it, got to work with it) - is there a method that will let me know the version of the OS I am running?  In my case they are both 32 bit versions.

Thanks, Steve

Re: Detect OS version?

Thomas Koschate-2
On Monday, January 7, 2013 10:59:14 AM UTC-5, Steve Cline wrote:
I want to detect whether I am on WIndows 7 vs. Windows XP (related to losing the ability to write to the root of C:, I can't change it, got to work with it) - is there a method that will let me know the version of the OS I am running?  In my case they are both 32 bit versions.

Not sure if it will work, but how about EsSystemInfo class>>#osVersion ?

Tom