DevTools on PharoCore 1.2

German Arduino-2
Hi!

How I should install some devtools (at least shout and ocompletion) on
PharoCore to have a more homy work environment?

I failed with shout, saw some threads about, but can't install it....

Thanks.

Re: DevTools on PharoCore 1.2

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi!

How I should install some devtools (at least shout and ocompletion) on
PharoCore to have a more homy work environment?

What is the problem with OCompletion? Did you try to load? erros? which ones?

I guess the easier way is trying to evaluate this:

(ConfigurationOfOCompletion project version: '1.1-baseline') load

but you will fail because Shout is a depenency of OCompletion ;)

I failed with shout, saw some threads about, but can't install it....

You should do what Gary said here:

Thanks.

Re: DevTools on PharoCore 1.2

garduino
Hi Mariano:

I read the issue and Gary comment but still don't understand how to
make shout install :(

I removed the instvar, but fail with another error.....may be I'm not
understanding exactly what to do.

Germán.

2010/8/23 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> How I should install some devtools (at least shout and ocompletion) on
>> PharoCore to have a more homy work environment?
>>

> What is the problem with OCompletion? Did you try to load? erros? which
> ones?
>
> I guess the easier way is trying to evaluate this:
>
> (ConfigurationOfOCompletion project version: '1.1-baseline') load
>
> but you will fail because Shout is a depenency of OCompletion ;)
>

>> I failed with shout, saw some threads about, but can't install it....
>>

> You should do what Gary said here:
>

>> Thanks.

Re: DevTools on PharoCore 1.2

Guillermo Polito
Look at this:  http://book.pharo-project.org/book/table-of-contents/PharoTools

I would like to improve it but I don't have enough wisdom to do it :).

2010/8/23 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:

> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> How I should install some devtools (at least shout and ocompletion) on
>> PharoCore to have a more homy work environment?
>>

> What is the problem with OCompletion? Did you try to load? erros? which
> ones?
>
> I guess the easier way is trying to evaluate this:
>
> (ConfigurationOfOCompletion project version: '1.1-baseline') load
>
> but you will fail because Shout is a depenency of OCompletion ;)
>

>> I failed with shout, saw some threads about, but can't install it....
>>

> You should do what Gary said here:
>

>> Thanks.

Re: DevTools on PharoCore 1.2

Guillermo Polito
Oh, sorry, I didn't read well...

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 9:45 AM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Mariano:
>
> I read the issue and Gary comment but still don't understand how to
> make shout install :(
>
> I removed the instvar, but fail with another error.....may be I'm not
> understanding exactly what to do.
>
> Germán.
>
> 2010/8/23 Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]>:
>>

>> On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 2:06 PM, Germán Arduino <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> How I should install some devtools (at least shout and ocompletion) on
>>> PharoCore to have a more homy work environment?
>>>

>> What is the problem with OCompletion? Did you try to load? erros? which
>> ones?
>>
>> I guess the easier way is trying to evaluate this:
>>
>> (ConfigurationOfOCompletion project version: '1.1-baseline') load
>>
>> but you will fail because Shout is a depenency of OCompletion ;)
>>

>>> I failed with shout, saw some threads about, but can't install it....
>>>

>> You should do what Gary said here:
>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=2734
>>

>>> Thanks.

Re: DevTools on PharoCore 1.2

Schwab,Wilhelm K
I know what you mean.  I considered using the core at one point.  It was surprisingly nice (given its reputation for being minimal), but the lack of Shout was too much to take :)

From an efficiency perspective, it is interesting to watch the browser render a long method: the last time I noticed it, the text rendered in monochrome and then again in color.  If Shout is merely tracing back over the text with color, that might be as intended, but it could also be a clue to a speed boost if the double-rendering is unintentional.

Bill

Re: DevTools on PharoCore 1.2

Gary Chambers-4
Styling seems to be done in a background process... since with long methods
it may be quite time consuming.
Hence seeing unstyled first then, later, styled text.

Regards, Gary

Re: DevTools on PharoCore 1.2

garduino
Sorry, but exist some way of have shout and ocompletion on Core 1.2 ?