Development integration

GLASS mailing list
Ciao,

        i'm interested to integrate development works on Pharo and Glass ( run on the same system ).

        On Pharo i setup a Pharo6.1-64 image with Iceberg support.

                I create a local repository  'example'  with ExamplePackage and relative BaselineOfExample package and class.

        For Glass i use GsDevKit  update at commit : d24cc327

        Now in Tode i create a project entry based on Pharo: example git repository.

        The relative  tode example project log report the right commit of the git repository.

        But when i do the tode baseline   menu option

                 the system generates: ' Could not resolve: BaselineOfExample' in cache filetree:///opt/pharo6.1-64......./iceberg/example

        I'm in the right directions ?

        Some considerations about development integrations ?

        Thanks,

                Dario

Re: Development integration

GLASS mailing list
Ciao,

> Ciao,
>
> i'm interested to integrate development works on Pharo and Glass ( run on the same system ).
>

> On Pharo i setup a Pharo6.1-64 image with Iceberg support.
>
> I create a local repository  'example'  with ExamplePackage and relative BaselineOfExample package and class.
>
> For Glass i use GsDevKit  update at commit : d24cc327

        I do a new development cycle working on new DarioTest package and relative Baseline.

> Now in Tode i create a project entry based on Pharo: example git repository.
>
> The relative  tode example project log report the right commit of the git repository.
>
> But when i do the tode baseline   menu option
>
> the system generates: ' Could not resolve: BaselineOfExample' in cache filetree:///opt/pharo6.1-64......./iceberg/example

        Now all ran fine.

> I'm in the right directions ?

        I heard of Jadeite and Rowan.

        ( I've never seen jade IDE )

        Can anyone give me references - indications about it?

                Simplify the development cycle?

                Does it also work on remote stone?

                How it works if rename a Package, if rename a class or instance variable?

On 07/06/2018 04:56 AM, [hidden email] via Glass wrote:

> Ciao,
>
> i'm interested to integrate development works on Pharo and Glass ( run on the same system ).
>

> On Pharo i setup a Pharo6.1-64 image with Iceberg support.
>
> I create a local repository  'example'  with ExamplePackage and relative BaselineOfExample package and class.
>
> For Glass i use GsDevKit  update at commit : d24cc327
>

> Now in Tode i create a project entry based on Pharo: example git repository.
>
> The relative  tode example project log report the right commit of the git repository.
>
> But when i do the tode baseline   menu option
>
> the system generates: ' Could not resolve: BaselineOfExample' in cache filetree:///opt/pharo6.1-64......./iceberg/example
I'm suspicious that iceberg is not necessarily cloning the git
repositories the same way that git clones repositories ... tODE expects
that there be an actual working directory created with files and
directories on disk ... iceberg does not necessarily create the working
directory, although I assume that there is a way to set up iceberg so
that the checkout is sharable with GemStone ....

> I'm in the right directions ?
This is the right direction ... but I will have to fiddle around with
iceberg myself to see what incantation is needed to share git
repositories between pharo and GemStone ...

> Some considerations about development integrations ?
Hopefully some of the folks on this list who are doing develop in
pharo/deploy in GemStone could share some of their tricks and techniques?

Dale

On 09/25/2018 11:19 AM, Trussardi Dario Romano via Glass wrote:

> Ciao,
>
>> Ciao,
>>
>> i'm interested to integrate development works on Pharo and Glass ( run on the same system ).
>>

>> On Pharo i setup a Pharo6.1-64 image with Iceberg support.
>>
>> I create a local repository  'example'  with ExamplePackage and relative BaselineOfExample package and class.
>>
>> For Glass i use GsDevKit  update at commit : d24cc327
> I do a new development cycle working on new DarioTest package and relative Baseline.
>

>> Now in Tode i create a project entry based on Pharo: example git repository.
>>
>> The relative  tode example project log report the right commit of the git repository.
>>
>> But when i do the tode baseline   menu option
>>
>> the system generates: ' Could not resolve: BaselineOfExample' in cache filetree:///opt/pharo6.1-64......./iceberg/example
> Now all ran fine.
That's good news ...

>> I'm in the right directions ?
> I heard of Jadeite and Rowan.
Rowan is a new project/package manager for GemStone and Jadeite is a
Dolphin-based client (derived from Jade) for Rowan. These are our first
steps to create an officially supported development environment for
GemStone that includes integrated source code control and a GUI with
debugger/browser as well... neither Rowan nor Jadeite is quite ready for
general use ... We have a commercial customer who is using Rowan and
Jadeite in production, but they are using the system under relatively
controlled conditions ... Eventually we will ship our products with
Rowan installed, but right now, Rowan only runs in GemStone 3.2.15.

Once the work on Rowan/Jadeite is finished we will need to work on
"rowanizing" the GLASS/GsDevkit environment so that there is a smooth
transition between the systems ... the good news is that the actual
packages (and by extension) will not change when a project is
"rowanized" ... it will be a "simple matter" (haha) of changing to a
different project/package manager ...

Dale