DictionaryValueHolder question

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

DictionaryValueHolder question

Rob Rothwell
Hello,

Unlike the CollectionValueHolder, the DictionaryValueHolder only notifies you that something has changed, rather than tell you what item has been added or removed.  Does anyone know if this is by design, or just incomplete?

If incomplete, what do you think about using the ValueAdded/ValueChanged/ValueRemoved announcements and passing the association in newValue/oldValue?

Thank you,

Rob


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DictionaryValueHolder question

Peter Uhnák
Hi Rob,

this is by omission. Originally CollectionValueHolder didn't have it either until I've introduced ValueAdded/ValueRemoved. So feel free to incorporate it in a meaningful fashion to a DictionaryHolder.

Peter

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:46 AM, Rob Rothwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Unlike the CollectionValueHolder, the DictionaryValueHolder only notifies you that something has changed, rather than tell you what item has been added or removed.  Does anyone know if this is by design, or just incomplete?

If incomplete, what do you think about using the ValueAdded/ValueChanged/ValueRemoved announcements and passing the association in newValue/oldValue?

Thank you,

Rob



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DictionaryValueHolder question

Rob Rothwell
Hi Peter,

Thank you very much for the clarification; I'll see what I can come up with!

Take care,

Rob

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Rob,

this is by omission. Originally CollectionValueHolder didn't have it either until I've introduced ValueAdded/ValueRemoved. So feel free to incorporate it in a meaningful fashion to a DictionaryHolder.

Peter

On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:46 AM, Rob Rothwell <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

Unlike the CollectionValueHolder, the DictionaryValueHolder only notifies you that something has changed, rather than tell you what item has been added or removed.  Does anyone know if this is by design, or just incomplete?

If incomplete, what do you think about using the ValueAdded/ValueChanged/ValueRemoved announcements and passing the association in newValue/oldValue?

Thank you,

Rob




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DictionaryValueHolder question

Stephane Ducasse-3
In reply to this post by Rob Rothwell
incomplete
I would use Announcement.


On Tue, Sep 12, 2017 at 3:46 AM, Rob Rothwell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Unlike the CollectionValueHolder, the DictionaryValueHolder only notifies
> you that something has changed, rather than tell you what item has been
> added or removed.  Does anyone know if this is by design, or just
> incomplete?
>
> If incomplete, what do you think about using the
> ValueAdded/ValueChanged/ValueRemoved announcements and passing the
> association in newValue/oldValue?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Rob
>
>

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DictionaryValueHolder question

Peter Uhnák


On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
incomplete
I would use Announcement.

ValueAdded/ValueChanged/ValueRemoved are all announcements.

P
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: DictionaryValueHolder question

Stephane Ducasse-3
Yes this is why I said that we should use them

On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 10:40 AM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
>
> On Wed, Sep 13, 2017 at 9:45 AM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> incomplete
>> I would use Announcement.
>
>
> ValueAdded/ValueChanged/ValueRemoved are all announcements.
>
> P