Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Stephane Ducasse-3
Because now when I load pillar

Metacello new
  baseline: 'Pillar';
  repository: 'github://pillar-markup/pillar:newpipeline/src';
  load

I get an error because Magritte-MOrph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

So I cannot build pillar anymore!
:(

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
> So I cannot build pillar anymore!

What Pharo/OS? Your script seems to work on #60540 on High Sierra. Did you
disable Iceberg shared repos? I usually forget to do that ;)

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi sean

I have the impression that this is related to a hiccup of smalltalkhub.
I'm about to get rid of Magritte in Pillar.
After I will finish the book tutorial on tinyblog and I will work on magritte.

Stef

On Sat, Apr 7, 2018 at 7:42 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
>> So I cannot build pillar anymore!
>
> What Pharo/OS? Your script seems to work on #60540 on High Sierra. Did you
> disable Iceberg shared repos? I usually forget to do that ;)
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
> I will work on magritte.

Great, have a look at my fork [1], which contains many enhancements. I
didn't port them back to the main library because they are only known to
work in Pharo, I don't know of anyone maintaining from the Squeak side, and
I didn't want to break it.

1. https://github.com/seandenigris/Magritte3

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Stephane Ducasse-3
Ok when I will do a pass I will have a look. My goal is to improve for Pharo.

Stef

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 2:50 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
>> I will work on magritte.
>
> Great, have a look at my fork [1], which contains many enhancements. I
> didn't port them back to the main library because they are only known to
> work in Pharo, I don't know of anyone maintaining from the Squeak side, and
> I didn't want to break it.
>
> 1. https://github.com/seandenigris/Magritte3
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Peter Uhnak
Is this the canonical repo? I'm still depending on the version in SmalltalkHub.

Thanks,
Peter

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ok when I will do a pass I will have a look. My goal is to improve for Pharo.

Stef

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 2:50 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
>> I will work on magritte.
>
> Great, have a look at my fork [1], which contains many enhancements. I
> didn't port them back to the main library because they are only known to
> work in Pharo, I don't know of anyone maintaining from the Squeak side, and
> I didn't want to break it.
>
> 1. https://github.com/seandenigris/Magritte3
>

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
> Ok when I will do a pass I will have a look. My goal is to improve for
> Pharo.

At some point we should do a spike to see how we would implement today now
that we have slots.

While we're on the subject, I was thinking that for less-than-trival slot
layouts, the class definition will start to grow to a very-non-smalltalkish
length. Have we thought at all about that and how to maybe present it in
more manageable chunks?

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Peter Uhnák wrote
> Is this the canonical repo? I'm still depending on the version in
> SmalltalkHub.

I would say it's a judgement call because the original author is no longer
active in the community. I originally was pushing all my fixes to the StHub
repo, but I started to break the Squeak CI builds, so I forked and made many
significant enhancements since. I always depend on my fork and use it in
most of my projects, both personal and production. I would say that there is
no downside as long as one is using it in Pharo exclusively. I would guess
it wouldn't be super complicated to fix for Squeak and sync everything, but
so far no one has voiced a need.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Eliot Miranda-2
Hi Sean,

> On Apr 8, 2018, at 6:04 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Peter Uhnák wrote
>> Is this the canonical repo? I'm still depending on the version in
>> SmalltalkHub.
>
> I would say it's a judgement call because the original author is no longer
> active in the community. I originally was pushing all my fixes to the StHub
> repo, but I started to break the Squeak CI builds, so I forked and made many
> significant enhancements since. I always depend on my fork and use it in
> most of my projects, both personal and production. I would say that there is
> no downside as long as one is using it in Pharo exclusively. I would guess
> it wouldn't be super complicated to fix for Squeak and sync everything, but
> so far no one has voiced a need.

If it is possible and not too onerous then the courtesy would be appreciated.

> -----
> Cheers,
> Sean
> --
> Sent from: http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Eliot Miranda-2 wrote
> If it is possible and not too onerous then the courtesy would be
> appreciated.

I would be happy to. The issue is that, since most of my private projects
are in Pharo, I won't know/see bugs. I think the only way for this to happen
is if someone starts actively using it in Squeak and reporting bugs and we
can work together to iron out any issues.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Stephane Ducasse-3
I will create one, because at the end I was the guy that showed the
moose meta model to lukas and pushed him when he started to work on
Magritte.
(magritte description described in themselves and general design are
lukas ideas).

Stef

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is this the canonical repo? I'm still depending on the version in
> SmalltalkHub.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter
>
> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 1:22 PM, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Ok when I will do a pass I will have a look. My goal is to improve for
>> Pharo.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 2:50 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
>> >
>> > Great, have a look at my fork [1], which contains many enhancements. I
>> > didn't port them back to the main library because they are only known to
>> > work in Pharo, I don't know of anyone maintaining from the Squeak side,
>> > and
>> > I didn't want to break it.
>> >
>> > 1. https://github.com/seandenigris/Magritte3
>> >

>> > -----
>> > Cheers,
>> > Sean
>> > --
>> > Sent from:
>> > http://forum.world.st/Pharo-Smalltalk-Developers-f1294837.html

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
> I will create one

There is https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte which I forked from.
I wonder if we can make that canonical. It would be easy for me to sync my
changes back and from the README, it appears that most other Smalltalk load
Magritte from elsewhere. Regarding Sqeak, there are the mcz repos, and
IFAICT Squeak has not shown much interest in git, so we're probably safe
there. Either way, please coordinate with me because the StHub repo is
waaaay behind my fork…

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

SergeStinckwich

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 2:07 PM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Stephane Ducasse-3 wrote
> I will create one

There is https://github.com/magritte-metamodel/magritte which I forked from.
I wonder if we can make that canonical. It would be easy for me to sync my
changes back and from the README, it appears that most other Smalltalk load
Magritte from elsewhere. Regarding Sqeak, there are the mcz repos, and
IFAICT Squeak has not shown much interest in git, so we're probably safe
there. Either way, please coordinate with me because the StHub repo is
waaaay behind my fork…

​Yes I guess, this is better to reuse existing org on github.
Sean or me can invite people.

​Regards,​

--
Serge Stinckwich
UMI UMMISCO 209 (SU/IRD/UY1)
"Programs must be written for people to read, and only incidentally for machines to execute."
http://www.doesnotunderstand.org/

Re: Did magritte change? Magritte-Morph-SeasnDeNigris.95 is not found

Stephane Ducasse-3
My roadmap is the following:
- release Pillar 70 alpha (we made really nice progress)
- work and release the tinyblog book
- then work on magritte
I will ping you when I arrive at this point.