Did the selection in Playground or rubric change?

Did the selection in Playground or rubric change?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi

usually in previous version we could put the cursor on the line and
get senders and implementors without having to select the code.
Now this super cool features does not work anymore.

Is it only my image?

Re: Did the selection in Playground or rubric change?

Pavel Krivanek-3
Hi,

Andrew improved that so it now works on AST and provides better results. If you have some code where it does not work, please try to describe the particular case so we can fix it.

-- Pavel

Hi

usually in previous version we could put the cursor on the line and
get senders and implementors without having to select the code.
Now this super cool features does not work anymore.

Is it only my image?

Re: Did the selection in Playground or rubric change?

Stephane Ducasse-3
just type

margins: Put the cursor here and press command + M or command + N
in the past
margins: was selected and used.

What you see is that we cannot rely on the AST.
Now selecting items is boring.

Stef

On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Pavel Krivanek
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Andrew improved that so it now works on AST and provides better results. If
> you have some code where it does not work, please try to describe the
> particular case so we can fix it.
>
> -- Pavel

>> Hi
>>
>> usually in previous version we could put the cursor on the line and
>> get senders and implementors without having to select the code.
>> Now this super cool features does not work anymore.
>>
>> Is it only my image?
>>
>> Stef

Re: Did the selection in Playground or rubric change?

Pavel Krivanek-3
We probably should use a fallback with the old behavior.

-- Pavel

<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Andrew improved that so it now works on AST and provides better results. If
> you have some code where it does not work, please try to describe the
> particular case so we can fix it.
>
> -- Pavel

>> Hi
>>
>> usually in previous version we could put the cursor on the line and
>> get senders and implementors without having to select the code.
>> Now this super cool features does not work anymore.
>>
>> Is it only my image?
>>
>> Stef

Re: Did the selection in Playground or rubric change?

Marcus Denker-4
Yes, I have it already on my list of things to fix… (not issue tracker entry yet, will add one).

        Marcus

> On 12 Dec 2017, at 13:52, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> just type
>
> margins: Put the cursor here and press command + M or command + N
> in the past
> margins: was selected and used.
>
> What you see is that we cannot rely on the AST.
> Now selecting items is boring.
>
> Stef
>
> On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Pavel Krivanek
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Andrew improved that so it now works on AST and provides better results. If
>> you have some code where it does not work, please try to describe the
>> particular case so we can fix it.
>>
>> -- Pavel

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> usually in previous version we could put the cursor on the line and
>>> get senders and implementors without having to select the code.
>>> Now this super cool features does not work anymore.
>>>
>>> Is it only my image?
>>>
>>> Stef

Re: Did the selection in Playground or rubric change?

Tim Mackinnon
Actually I played around with all of that stuff and got it working well - but I got scared off with how to contribute with the new process etc.

I can look again when the Xmas holidays kick in, and see if my small changes work in a 7.x image - I found that I could get the AST to work, but I had to add a little heuristic to it and if I found nothing and there was a selection then it worked the old way.

Tim

> On 12 Dec 2017, at 13:06, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Yes, I have it already on my list of things to fix… (not issue tracker entry yet, will add one).
>
> Marcus
>
>> On 12 Dec 2017, at 13:52, Stephane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> just type
>>
>> margins: Put the cursor here and press command + M or command + N
>> in the past
>> margins: was selected and used.
>>
>> What you see is that we cannot rely on the AST.
>> Now selecting items is boring.
>>
>> Stef
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 12, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Pavel Krivanek
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Andrew improved that so it now works on AST and provides better results. If
>>> you have some code where it does not work, please try to describe the
>>> particular case so we can fix it.
>>>
>>> -- Pavel

Re: Did the selection in Playground or rubric change?

Stephane Ducasse-3
Tx marcus!
Tim send a fileout! because this is too painful.

Stef