Did www.squeak.org crash?

Bert Freudenberg

- Bert -

Re: [Box-Admins] Did www.squeak.org crash?

Levente Uzonyi-2
My guess is that the server was restarted, or it ran out of memory a few
times, because all images seem to be down.
There used to be some sort of monitoring system (nagios maybe). I'm not
sure if it's still working or not, but if it's not, then we can try using
Hetzner's simple system monitoring sevice:
http://wiki.hetzner.de/index.php/System_Monitor_%28SysMon%29/en

Levente

On Fri, 13 Sep 2013, Bert Freudenberg wrote:

> - Bert -

RE: [Box-Admins] Did www.squeak.org crash?

Ken Causey-3

No, actually I rebooted the system which would inevitably cause
everything to stop working for a period of time.

I decided to take this step after having www.squeak.org go down again.
But, perhaps unsurprisingly, that didn't actually help.  It turns out
that I in fact made a mistake and copied the files from the backup as
root (sudo bash, old-fashionedness and typing laziness) and failed to
change the ownership to the website account/group.  Once I fixed this
and restarted it is up again, I believe everything is up.  Of course
that may change so I will continue to check periodically for a while.

Ken