Diff tools

Gary Chambers-4
New version on SqueakSource Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.20.

Descriptions added and small bug fix for merge tool (selecting next conflict now ignores "resolved" conflicts).

Merge and select incoming for each conflict to load..

Regards, Gary

Re: Diff tools

Mariano Martinez Peck

2010/2/9 GARY CHAMBERS <[hidden email]>
New version on SqueakSource Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.20.

Descriptions added and small bug fix for merge tool (selecting next conflict now ignores "resolved" conflicts).

Merge and select incoming for each conflict to load..

Excelent!!!  Thanks Gary. Can I add something to the wishlist ?

What I would REALLY like too be able to edit code of the working copy in the merge view.

can that be done easily ?

Thanks

Mariano

Regards, Gary

Re: Diff tools

Gary Chambers-4
Not easy but some groundwork has already been done for that.
Getting MC to use the modified code is another matter!

Regards, Gary

2010/2/10 Gary Chambers <[hidden email]>
Not easy but some groundwork has already been done for that.

cool :)

Getting MC to use the modified code is another matter!

hahahah good point. I was just thinking in the working copy, not in MC :P

Regards, Gary

Re: Diff tools

gary
do we have resolved all conflict by taking the incoming?
and the inverse because in the old diff tools we could and this is handy.

On Feb 9, 2010, at 4:24 PM, GARY CHAMBERS wrote:

> New version on SqueakSource Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.20.
>
> Descriptions added and small bug fix for merge tool (selecting next conflict now ignores "resolved" conflicts).
>
> Merge and select incoming for each conflict to load..
>
> Regards, Gary

Re: Diff tools

Gary Chambers-4
If you can describe exactly what you wish I'm sure it can be done ;-) ...
Remember, conflicts are conflicts and *should* be checked on a one-by-one
basis when merging.

Regards, Gary

> do we have resolved all conflict by taking the incoming?
> and the inverse because in the old diff tools we could and this is handy.
>
> On Feb 9, 2010, at 4:24 PM, GARY CHAMBERS wrote:
>
>> New version on SqueakSource Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.20.
>>
>> Descriptions added and small bug fix for merge tool (selecting next
>> conflict now ignores "resolved" conflicts).
>>
>> Merge and select incoming for each conflict to load..
>>
>> Regards, Gary

Re: Diff tools

Stéphane Ducasse
Gary

sometimes I know (since for example I already checked all the conflicts but the system crashes for another reason)
that I want to take all the incoming versions or the working copy ones.
Right now I have to go over the list each time (even if I know what I'm doing).

in the old merge there was such buttons.

Stef

On Feb 23, 2010, at 4:40 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> If you can describe exactly what you wish I'm sure it can be done ;-) ...
> Remember, conflicts are conflicts and *should* be checked on a one-by-one
> basis when merging.
>
> Regards, Gary

Re: Diff tools

Gary Chambers-4
I'll give it a go (keyboard shortcuts included) in the next DiffTools
version...
I guess you won't want a warning dialog the "What you are choosing means
that any conflicts will be unchecked"... ;-)

So, "use incoming for all incoming conficts" and "use current for all
conflicts"?

Regards, Gary

sometimes I know (since for example I already checked all the conflicts but
the system crashes for another reason)
that I want to take all the incoming versions or the working copy ones.
Right now I have to go over the list each time (even if I know what I'm
doing).

in the old merge there was such buttons.

Stef

On Feb 23, 2010, at 4:40 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> If you can describe exactly what you wish I'm sure it can be done ;-) ...
> Remember, conflicts are conflicts and *should* be checked on a one-by-one
> basis when merging.
>
> Regards, Gary

Re: Diff tools

Stéphane Ducasse

On Feb 23, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> I'll give it a go (keyboard shortcuts included) in the next DiffTools
> version...
> I guess you won't want a warning dialog the "What you are choosing means
> that any conflicts will be unchecked"... ;-)

:)

> So, "use incoming for all incoming conficts" and "use current for all
> conflicts"?

Yeap!

Re: Diff tools

Gary Chambers-4
Done in Polymorph-Tools-Diff-gvc.23 on SqueakSource/UIEnhancements, includes (from version 22) keyboard shortcuts for existing menu items.

On Feb 23, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Gary Chambers wrote:

> I'll give it a go (keyboard shortcuts included) in the next DiffTools
> version...
> I guess you won't want a warning dialog the "What you are choosing means
> that any conflicts will be unchecked"... ;-)

:)

> So, "use incoming for all incoming conficts" and "use current for all
> conflicts"?

Yeap!