Differential and Integral calculus in Pharo?

12

Re: Differential and Integral calculus in Pharo?

S Krish
I trained bunch of 4 smalltalkers to push its life ahead.

It was a great piece of work, looked slick on VW and according to the Tektronix guys, the engineers preferred it to the C++ version... they were being asked to use.. so it was being revived when I heard last in 2005. But Tektronix itself got bought over not much long after..

On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 9:08 PM, Dale Henrichs <[hidden email]> wrote:
Krish,

Haha, funny that you mention that ... I wrote that software, called ADS (for Analog IC Design System), while working at Tektronix. That was the project that I cut my Smalltalk teeth on:)

I started the project using the Tek 4404 in 1985.

When Tektronix got out of the Smalltalk business (another story) I ported ADS to ObjectWorks. I left Tektronix in 1992 to go to work for Digitalk.

The team at Tektronix kept working on ADS, porting it to the newer platforms over time ...

The last time I checked ADS was still being used ... that was around 2005, I think.

So it's had a long and productive lifetime.

Dale