Difficult to debug VM crash with full blocks and Sista V1

Previous Topic Next Topic

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
24 messages Options
Difficult to debug VM crash with full blocks and Sista V1 – Hi All, there is a VM bug in 64-bit Spur with the Sista V1 bytecode set and full blocks. The symptom is that when waiting for a remote ...
Hi, > > - can anyone think of any other strategies I might take to try and > reproduce this? > at the risk of stating the obviou...
Hi Jan, Thanks, a recording debugger would indeed be a tremendous help! Unfortunately, I'm unable to reproduce the bug under linux, only macos...
On 2019-09-22 10:57, Nicolas Cellier wrote: > Hi Jan, > Thanks, a recording debugger would indeed be a tremendous help! > Unfortunately...
Follow up: so we have a problem of repeatability... I found nothing like rr for macos, and CPU watchpoint capability is too restricted to be u...
Le mar. 24 sept. 2019 à 00:25, Nicolas Cellier < nicolas.cellier.aka.nice@...> a écrit : > Follow up: so we have a problem of repea...
I noticed that many crash happen in testSendTimeout. This test is organizing a race: - Smalltalk fill the socket send buffer - the OS tries t...
Hi Nicolas, On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 12:32 AM Nicolas Cellier < nicolas.cellier.aka.nice@...> wrote: > > I noticed that many ...
Hi Eliot, so I have set watchpoint to 4 previous crash and got this: (lldb) run ../../image/crash.image There is a running process, kill it...
Hi all, So I finally got it! That's our specific handling of SIGIO with forceInterruptCheck. Don't you JIT the signal handler! The signal ...
Maybe I draw conclusions too quickly. But clearly, the signal handler has a stack pointer pointing in methodZone. (lldb) p/x $rsp (unsigned...
I confirm that each crash follows a SIGIO -> forceInterruptCheck() with corrupted stack pointer pointing to methodZone (that is executable z...
If I comment /* signal(SIGIO,forceInterruptCheck) */ in platforms//unix/vm/aio.c then I don't experiment crashes anymore One solution if we...
On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 1:47 PM Nicolas Cellier < nicolas.cellier.aka.nice@...> wrote: > If I comment /* signal(SIGIO,forceInterrupt...
Hi Nicolas, I am only reading your (very impressive) emails here, and not really looking at the code. But for whatever it may be worth: I am n...
Hi Nicolas, On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 1:10 PM Nicolas Cellier < nicolas.cellier.aka.nice@...> wrote: > I confirm that each crash fo...
On Wed, 25 Sep 2019 at 15:32, Nicolas Cellier < nicolas.cellier.aka.nice@...> wrote: > > I noticed that many crash happen in te...
Thanks Ben, nice references! I opted for a simple reduction of TestCase timeout and/or Smalltalk buffer size, and could easily obtain a TestCa...
Hi Jan, this could be very helpful. Care to hold my hand? Does it work on macOS? (we're only seeing the crash on macOS, and then only...
On Sun, 2019-09-29 at 15:49 -0700, Eliot Miranda wrote: > > Hi Jan, > > this could be very helpful. Care to hold my hand? ...
Hi All, two further reports. One is that attempting to simulate SocketTest suite run with a small code zone to provoke code comp-action...
Hi Eliot, thanks for the heads up. Also remember that I was not able to produce such crash on Windows nor linux spur64, and I don't remember o...
So there is compaction of cog method zone of course... Now that I have a VMMaker image under the eyes it's clear: cogit compactCogCompiledCode...
I'm sure you're right (assuming the GUI tool still exists... the top answer is quite old.) Mainly I linked to the answer since it seems to cov...