Disable change set while loading pundles?

Disable change set while loading pundles?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Don't you wish there was a switch to disable change set logging while
*that* anyway :) The only reason for the request has to do with the process
where I use the same visual+store.im to load new versions of pundles and
later save it as visual+dev.im, which means my .cha file just keeps on
growing. Whereas if I had an option to disable logging while loading into
visual+store.im, the changes file would always stay lean when I saved that
image as visual+dev.im

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Disable change set while loading pundles?

Mark Pirogovsky-3
How about the following:
1. take your
visual+store.im
2. save it as
visual+dev.im

3. load your Pundle
4. do final save

This way your "base line" image changes will not grow

my 2 C.

--Mark

Boris Popov wrote:

> Don't you wish there was a switch to disable change set logging while
> *that* anyway :) The only reason for the request has to do with the process
> where I use the same visual+store.im to load new versions of pundles and
> later save it as visual+dev.im, which means my .cha file just keeps on
> growing. Whereas if I had an option to disable logging while loading into
> visual+store.im, the changes file would always stay lean when I saved that
> image as visual+dev.im
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris

RE: Disable change set while loading pundles?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
I guess it could work, but I expect I'll have trouble getting my head to
agree with a slightly different working model.

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Boris Popov wrote:
> Don't you wish there was a switch to disable change set logging while
replay
> *that* anyway :) The only reason for the request has to do with the
process

> where I use the same visual+store.im to load new versions of pundles and
> later save it as visual+dev.im, which means my .cha file just keeps on
> growing. Whereas if I had an option to disable logging while loading into
> visual+store.im, the changes file would always stay lean when I saved that
> image as visual+dev.im
>
> Cheers!
>
> -Boris

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

RE: Disable change set while loading pundles?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Not quite, store doesn't care about change sets at all, in fact you can
disable them in code just like you do for the runtimes, all I was looking
for is a checkbox in the base image that allows me to do the same during
store loads. This also applies to automated test/build environments which
need to load from store and parcel code out, but don't want to worry about
constantly trimming their change sets.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322
DeepCove Labs Ltd.

[hidden email]

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

attachments.

Thank you.

Take control over your head :-).  After all it is your head, and it is
probably easier to modify it's working then somebody's software.

Beside, the store would not work without the change file anyway...

--Mark

Boris Popov wrote:

> I guess it could work, but I expect I'll have trouble getting my head to
> agree with a slightly different working model.
>
> -Boris

smime.p7s (4K) Download Attachment

Re: Disable change set while loading pundles?

Reinout Heeck

On Jun 7, 2006, at 5:57 PM, Boris Popov wrote:

> Don't you wish there was a switch to disable change set logging while
> could replay
> *that* anyway :) The only reason for the request has to do with the
> process
> where I use the same visual+store.im to load new versions of
> pundles and
> later save it as visual+dev.im, which means my .cha file just keeps on
> growing. Whereas if I had an option to disable logging while
> visual+store.im, the changes file would always stay lean when I
> saved that
> image as visual+dev.im

I don't wish for such a switch because I like to see my source code
inmy dev images, not a decompiled version...

Changing your process like Mark suggested is the fastest way to
handle your problem, however since your head balks at that I can
suggest a slower option: do your normal process, when done loading do
a 'trim changes'.

-

RE: Disable change set while loading pundles?

Boris Popov, DeepCove Labs (SNN)
Good point re: source code ;) I guess I'll just have to live with that.

Cheers!

-Boris

--
+1.604.689.0322