Disabling Chrome auto-retry feature

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi all,

This might be a slight off-topic question, but there is a behavior
that nags me, and it is Chrome automatically retrying a request.

E.g.
I get an error during development, so I decide to debug it (using the
"debug" link in the page walkback), in the middle of the debugging I
decide to close the debugger and fix it in the code browser or any
other tool.
This produces an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE on Chrome, and it re-attemps the
last request, causing the walkback to fire again.

Is there a way to disable this?

Esteban A. Maringolo

Re: Disabling Chrome auto-retry feature

Philippe Marschall
On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Esteban A. Maringolo
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This might be a slight off-topic question, but there is a behavior
> that nags me, and it is Chrome automatically retrying a request.
>
> E.g.
> I get an error during development, so I decide to debug it (using the
> "debug" link in the page walkback), in the middle of the debugging I
> decide to close the debugger and fix it in the code browser or any
> other tool.
> This produces an ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE on Chrome, and it re-attemps the
> last request, causing the walkback to fire again.
>
> Is there a way to disable this?

Maybe if we have a better understanding of the issue.
- First, what causes ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE? A quick googling seems to
suggest we send no response at all and just close the socket. It would
be good to confirm this.
- Second, what happens when we close the debugger? We need to
understand what causes the above behaviour.

Once we know this we can think about possible fixes.

Cheers
Philippe