Disabling image save "snapshot" sound

Chris Hayes-3
Is there a way to disable the snapshot sound effect that occurs whenever an
image is saved?  I didn't see anything in Dolphin options.

Thanks.

Re: Disabling image save "snapshot" sound

Ian Bartholomew-6
Chris,

> Is there a way to disable the snapshot sound effect that occurs whenever
> an image is saved?  I didn't see anything in Dolphin options.

I don't think there's an official way.

Unofficially though, editing SmalltalkSystem>>playSaveImageSound or
replacing the sound file (Program Files/Dolphin Smalltalk
4.0/Resources/ImageSave.wav) with a silent wav appears to do the trick.

Ian

Re: Disabling image save "snapshot" sound

Chris Uppal-3
Chris Hayes wrote:

> Is there a way to disable the snapshot sound effect that occurs whenever
an
> image is saved?  I didn't see anything in Dolphin options.

I think that Andy once recommended:

    Sound clearRegistry.

as a good way to do it.  That's what I use anyway, and have done ever since
the damnable eructation first imposed itself.

;-)  (mostly)

    -- chris

Re: Disabling image save "snapshot" sound

Jeffrey Odell-2
Perhaps I'll replace mine with a "Use the Force, Luke" wave and really geek
out ;>

jlo