Discord server vanished!

Vincent.Blondeau
Hi,

It seems that the Pharo discord server is not available anymore at this address provided on Pharo.org: https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn
And it vanished from the discord app...

Where did it go?

Thanks,
Vincent

winmail.dat (19K) Download Attachment

Re: Discord server vanished!

Sean P. DeNigris
Administrator
Vincent.Blondeau wrote
> https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn

I confirm this doesn't work. Clicking Accept leads to an error.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Sean

Re: Discord server vanished!

Clément Béra
Yeah it's been down for already 11 hours or something like that.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Vincent.Blondeau wrote
> https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn

I confirm this doesn't work. Clicking Accept leads to an error.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Clément Béra
Pharo consortium engineer
https://clementbera.github.io/
Bâtiment B 40, avenue Halley 59650 Villeneuve d'Ascq

Re: Discord server vanished!

kilon.alios
That's my bad, apparently when I transferred ownership to Esteban I forgot to remove the moderation role from my bot Lighthouse.

I also made the stupid mistake to post security tokens inside the source of the bot I published in github.

Unfortunately I cannot remove the bot because moderation roles can only be removed by the owner which in this case is Esteban.

I have removed all the webhooks from our server , you guys will have to recreate them because obviously their credential are now exposed and have to be changed and Esteban will have to ban the bot and remove its application authorisation.

My apologies for this very stupid mistake, completely my fault , I thought I had added in my gitignore the module that contained the security credentials so it would not be included in the git repo , apparently I did not.

I always hated web dev with a vengeance , now I have one more reason to do so :D

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 9:09 AM Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah it's been down for already 11 hours or something like that.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Vincent.Blondeau wrote
> https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn

I confirm this doesn't work. Clicking Accept leads to an error.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Discord server vanished!

philippeback
But, where is the server?

Phil

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's my bad, apparently when I transferred ownership to Esteban I forgot to remove the moderation role from my bot Lighthouse.

I also made the stupid mistake to post security tokens inside the source of the bot I published in github.

Unfortunately I cannot remove the bot because moderation roles can only be removed by the owner which in this case is Esteban.

I have removed all the webhooks from our server , you guys will have to recreate them because obviously their credential are now exposed and have to be changed and Esteban will have to ban the bot and remove its application authorisation.

My apologies for this very stupid mistake, completely my fault , I thought I had added in my gitignore the module that contained the security credentials so it would not be included in the git repo , apparently I did not.

I always hated web dev with a vengeance , now I have one more reason to do so :D

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 9:09 AM Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah it's been down for already 11 hours or something like that.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Vincent.Blondeau wrote
> https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn

I confirm this doesn't work. Clicking Accept leads to an error.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Discord server vanished!

EstebanLM
server is there.
but all members are “banned”. Situation will revert in a couple of hours, @Kilon is taking care about it.

we are very sorry for this disturbance in the force :)

Esteban

On 10 Mar 2018, at 10:26, [hidden email] wrote:

But, where is the server?

Phil

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's my bad, apparently when I transferred ownership to Esteban I forgot to remove the moderation role from my bot Lighthouse.

I also made the stupid mistake to post security tokens inside the source of the bot I published in github.

Unfortunately I cannot remove the bot because moderation roles can only be removed by the owner which in this case is Esteban.

I have removed all the webhooks from our server , you guys will have to recreate them because obviously their credential are now exposed and have to be changed and Esteban will have to ban the bot and remove its application authorisation.

My apologies for this very stupid mistake, completely my fault , I thought I had added in my gitignore the module that contained the security credentials so it would not be included in the git repo , apparently I did not.

I always hated web dev with a vengeance , now I have one more reason to do so :D

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 9:09 AM Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah it's been down for already 11 hours or something like that.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Vincent.Blondeau wrote
> https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn

I confirm this doesn't work. Clicking Accept leads to an error.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Discord server vanished!

kilon.alios
Yeap I am lazy an I found a mouse recorder to do this automatically for me , having to unban 933 members it’s not fun to do it manually , 330 bans have been revoked , another 600 to go. In a hour you will be all back on line , I have already unbanned all our members that had a picture on their profile.

I have also removed the admin role from the bot and will ban ASAP I finish revoking all bans. I will also explore to see if there are any other possible gaps in our security.

There is no reason for you to use an invite , removing the ban will restore your ability to access the Pharo server.

Also admins please note I have removed all webhooks , we will have to recreate them for security reasons.
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 at 11:31, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
server is there.
but all members are “banned”. Situation will revert in a couple of hours, @Kilon is taking care about it.

we are very sorry for this disturbance in the force :)

Esteban

On 10 Mar 2018, at 10:26, [hidden email] wrote:

But, where is the server?

Phil

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's my bad, apparently when I transferred ownership to Esteban I forgot to remove the moderation role from my bot Lighthouse.

I also made the stupid mistake to post security tokens inside the source of the bot I published in github.

Unfortunately I cannot remove the bot because moderation roles can only be removed by the owner which in this case is Esteban.

I have removed all the webhooks from our server , you guys will have to recreate them because obviously their credential are now exposed and have to be changed and Esteban will have to ban the bot and remove its application authorisation.

My apologies for this very stupid mistake, completely my fault , I thought I had added in my gitignore the module that contained the security credentials so it would not be included in the git repo , apparently I did not.

I always hated web dev with a vengeance , now I have one more reason to do so :D

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 9:09 AM Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah it's been down for already 11 hours or something like that.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Vincent.Blondeau wrote
> https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn

I confirm this doesn't work. Clicking Accept leads to an error.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Discord server vanished!

kilon.alios
all bans have been revoked you should be able now to join the server , if not please report it here

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 12:14 PM Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeap I am lazy an I found a mouse recorder to do this automatically for me , having to unban 933 members it’s not fun to do it manually , 330 bans have been revoked , another 600 to go. In a hour you will be all back on line , I have already unbanned all our members that had a picture on their profile.

I have also removed the admin role from the bot and will ban ASAP I finish revoking all bans. I will also explore to see if there are any other possible gaps in our security.

There is no reason for you to use an invite , removing the ban will restore your ability to access the Pharo server.

Also admins please note I have removed all webhooks , we will have to recreate them for security reasons.
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 at 11:31, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
server is there.
but all members are “banned”. Situation will revert in a couple of hours, @Kilon is taking care about it.

we are very sorry for this disturbance in the force :)

Esteban

On 10 Mar 2018, at 10:26, [hidden email] wrote:

But, where is the server?

Phil

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's my bad, apparently when I transferred ownership to Esteban I forgot to remove the moderation role from my bot Lighthouse.

I also made the stupid mistake to post security tokens inside the source of the bot I published in github.

Unfortunately I cannot remove the bot because moderation roles can only be removed by the owner which in this case is Esteban.

I have removed all the webhooks from our server , you guys will have to recreate them because obviously their credential are now exposed and have to be changed and Esteban will have to ban the bot and remove its application authorisation.

My apologies for this very stupid mistake, completely my fault , I thought I had added in my gitignore the module that contained the security credentials so it would not be included in the git repo , apparently I did not.

I always hated web dev with a vengeance , now I have one more reason to do so :D

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 9:09 AM Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah it's been down for already 11 hours or something like that.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Vincent.Blondeau wrote
> https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn

I confirm this doesn't work. Clicking Accept leads to an error.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Discord server vanished!

kilon.alios
just in case you cannot join back, here is a new invite that never expires

Again my apologies for this inconvenience

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 12:37 PM Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
all bans have been revoked you should be able now to join the server , if not please report it here

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 12:14 PM Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeap I am lazy an I found a mouse recorder to do this automatically for me , having to unban 933 members it’s not fun to do it manually , 330 bans have been revoked , another 600 to go. In a hour you will be all back on line , I have already unbanned all our members that had a picture on their profile.

I have also removed the admin role from the bot and will ban ASAP I finish revoking all bans. I will also explore to see if there are any other possible gaps in our security.

There is no reason for you to use an invite , removing the ban will restore your ability to access the Pharo server.

Also admins please note I have removed all webhooks , we will have to recreate them for security reasons.
On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 at 11:31, Esteban Lorenzano <[hidden email]> wrote:
server is there.
but all members are “banned”. Situation will revert in a couple of hours, @Kilon is taking care about it.

we are very sorry for this disturbance in the force :)

Esteban

On 10 Mar 2018, at 10:26, [hidden email] wrote:

But, where is the server?

Phil

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 10:17 AM, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
That's my bad, apparently when I transferred ownership to Esteban I forgot to remove the moderation role from my bot Lighthouse.

I also made the stupid mistake to post security tokens inside the source of the bot I published in github.

Unfortunately I cannot remove the bot because moderation roles can only be removed by the owner which in this case is Esteban.

I have removed all the webhooks from our server , you guys will have to recreate them because obviously their credential are now exposed and have to be changed and Esteban will have to ban the bot and remove its application authorisation.

My apologies for this very stupid mistake, completely my fault , I thought I had added in my gitignore the module that contained the security credentials so it would not be included in the git repo , apparently I did not.

I always hated web dev with a vengeance , now I have one more reason to do so :D

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 9:09 AM Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah it's been down for already 11 hours or something like that.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Vincent.Blondeau wrote
> https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn

I confirm this doesn't work. Clicking Accept leads to an error.

-----
Cheers,
Sean

Re: Discord server vanished!

kilon.alios
Ok it seem bans also remove members so you will have to rejoin again

this is the link

Apparently Discord never heard of "temporary ban" :D

Existing invite links that have not expired still work so you can use one of those as well

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 12:40 PM Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

My apologies for this very stupid mistake, completely my fault , I thought I had added in my gitignore the module that contained the security credentials so it would not be included in the git repo , apparently I did not.

I always hated web dev with a vengeance , now I have one more reason to do so :D

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 9:09 AM Clément Bera <[hidden email]> wrote:
Yeah it's been down for already 11 hours or something like that.

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 3:12 AM, Sean P. DeNigris <[hidden email]> wrote:
Vincent.Blondeau wrote
> https://discordapp.com/invite/Sj2rhxn

I confirm this doesn't work. Clicking Accept leads to an error.

Marcus Denker-4

On 10 Mar 2018, at 11:40, Dimitris Chloupis <[hidden email]> wrote:

I updated the link on http://pharo.org/community

Marcus

Re: Discord server vanished!

kilon.alios
There was no need, all invite links are still valid. I created a new one for people who had lost the old ones or do not want to search for them. Forgot we have one in the website.
In any case no harm done.