Discussion on life logger applications (from Geolocalization apps to MicroPub) => Are people interested in porting apps from https://indieweb.org/p3k ?

cedreek
Hi all,

I was looking for iOS geolocalization app on GitHub and found Overland from Aaron Parecki.

Cool app that can send straight to a Pharo image gps points. So perfect as a basis to build a cool tool for my students and research projects...

What was even more interesting is that exploring Aaron web site, I realized the guy store his digital life I an private manner like I would love for years...

I then found several tools I find cool and that I would like to port eventually (it’s in PHP right now) to build a life logger.

I learned in the process about micropub which seems to be a good tool to post with a little semantic to a server (micro format based).

*** Do people know if we have implementations out there of the micropub/microformat tools ?

*** Do you find them interesting ? Who would be interested eventually to help me port such kind of librairies (from there mostly https://indieweb.org/p3k) ?

Cheers,

Cédrick

Re: Discussion on life logger applications (from Geolocalization apps to MicroPub) => Are people interested in porting apps from https://indieweb.org/p3k ?

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2

> On 15 Dec 2018, at 12:51, Cédrick Béler <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> I was looking for iOS geolocalization app on GitHub and found Overland from Aaron Parecki.
> https://github.com/aaronpk?tab=repositories
>
> Cool app that can send straight to a Pharo image gps points. So perfect as a basis to build a cool tool for my students and research projects...
> <PastedGraphic-9.png>
>
> What was even more interesting is that exploring Aaron web site, I realized the guy store his digital life I an private manner like I would love for years...
> https://aaronparecki.com/gps/
> https://aaronparecki.com/ate
> https://aaronparecki.com/drank
>
> <_iMac5K- 2018-12-15 à 12.47.32.png>
>
> I then found several tools I find cool and that I would like to port eventually (it’s in PHP right now) to build a life logger.
>
> I learned in the process about micropub which seems to be a good tool to post with a little semantic to a server (micro format based).
> https://micropub.net/draft/
> https://indieweb.org/Micropub
>
> *** Do people know if we have implementations out there of the micropub/microformat tools ?

Not that I know of, but I quickly skimmed the spec above and as far as I can see, all the building blocks are there in Pharo (Zinc,NeoJSON). Should make for a nice and useful project.

> *** Do you find them interesting ? Who would be interested eventually to help me port such kind of librairies (from there mostly https://indieweb.org/p3k) ?
> http://atlas.p3k.io
> https://github.com/aaronpk/Quill
> https://quill.p3k.io/docs/note
> https://indieweb.org/XRay

I do find this interesting, though I won't be taking on more public projects. But you can always ask me questions here.

> Cheers,
>
> Cédrick

Re: Discussion on life logger applications (from Geolocalization apps to MicroPub) => Are people interested in porting apps from https://indieweb.org/p3k ?

Roelof
Hello,

I maybe could help you but Im a super beginner in Pharo but eager to learn.

Roelof

Op 15-12-2018 om 12:51 schreef Cédrick Béler:
[...]

Yes, that was my impression.

Something we can do maybe if other find it nice. I may give it a try this holidays.

I do find this interesting, though I won't be taking on more public projects. But you can always ask me questions here.

Nice, thanks Sven

Cheers,

Cédrick

Re: Discussion on life logger applications (from Geolocalization apps to MicroPub) => Are people interested in porting apps from https://indieweb.org/p3k ?

cedreek
Perfect.

Maybe we can try on MicroPub next week ? I’ll be a bit available. I’ll ask on Discord too at the time.

Cheers,
Cédrick

Le 15 déc. 2018 à 13:18, Roelof Wobben <[hidden email]> a écrit :

[...]

Fine with me.

I almost the whole day on discord expecially the learning channels under the name ` Roelof Wobben`

Roelof