Displaying graphics question

Brian Brown-2
Is there a Magritte description that know how to display graphics? I
don't see anything that looks promising in the Magritte-Model-
Description category, but I thought I had read something about it at
one time.

- Brian

Re: Displaying graphics question

Lukas Renggli-2
> Is there a Magritte description that know how to display graphics? I
> don't see anything that looks promising in the Magritte-Model-
> Description category, but I thought I had read something about it at
> one time.

MAFileDescription does that if the element is displayed in read-only
mode. The editor in MAFileUploadComponent doens't do that per default
anymore, because if it displayed huge images within forms wasn't that
user friendly. However you can change that by subclassing
MAFileUploadComponent.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Jul 7, 2007, at 3:45 AM, Lukas Renggli wrote:

>> Is there a Magritte description that know how to display graphics? I
>> don't see anything that looks promising in the Magritte-Model-
>> Description category, but I thought I had read something about it at
>> one time.
>
> MAFileDescription does that if the element is displayed in read-only
> mode. The editor in MAFileUploadComponent doens't do that per default
> anymore, because if it displayed huge images within forms wasn't that
> user friendly. However you can change that by subclassing
> MAFileUploadComponent.

I subclassed MAFileUploadComponent and MAFileDescription and am now
using my components. I have looked at the #upload: method and
#renderViewerOn: but don't see anything related to displaying it
readonly. I also have looked at MAFileModel, and I'm clueless once
again :-)

Any ideas?

Brian

> Lukas
>
> --
> Lukas Renggli
> http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

Re: Displaying graphics question

Stephan Eggermont-3
Quoting Brian Brown <[hidden email]>:
> Is there a Magritte description that know how to display graphics? I
> don't see anything that looks promising in the Magritte-Model-
> Description category, but I thought I had read something about it at
> one time.

A snippet of code is attached. The interesting (but not refactored) part
is the form method of TestDrawing

Stephan

Magritte-Drawing.st (7K) Download Attachment