Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
Hello Marcel

attached is a screen shot of a 'class outline' of FileList done with
Vivide (the version based on Squeak 5.1, [3]). On the right hand side
is the script you posted earlier today.

This helps to look at the system in a synoptic using screen estate well.

Would it be possible to have a preconfigured Vivide version for the
most recent trunk in [3] for finding out about current issues as well?

Or even better - have Vivide as a loadable project type like what we
are trying to do now with EtoysProject?

Kind regards
Hannes

On 10/5/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, Hannes.
>
> Here is the script that produced the output. Just do-it in a workspace:
>
> {
>
> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
>     #object -> class.
>     #text -> (ViLabelService doObject: class).
>     #icon -> (ViIconService doObject: class) } ]]
>   -> { #isProperty -> true.
>        #view -> ViTreeViewExtended }.
>
> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
>     #object -> class.
>     #text  -> (ViObjectOriginService doObject: class) } ]]
>   -> {(#isProperty -> true)}.
>
> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out addAll: class subclasses]].
>
> 1. "reference to the first step"
> } asScript openScriptWith: {StringHolder}.
>

> Best,
> Marcel
> Am 05.10.2017 15:55:40 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:
> I am using Vivide [1], whose standard scripts make use of Widgets [2]. There
> are pre-configured Squeak images [3].
>
> Best,
> Marcel
>
> [1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/ [https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/]
> [2] https://github.com/hpi-swa/widgets [https://github.com/hpi-swa/widgets]
> [3] https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/artefacts/vivide/
> [https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/artefacts/vivide/]
> Am 05.10.2017 15:50:58 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
> I agree, Marcel. Please, what is this nice tool you have been using
> for the screen shot?
> --Hannes

Analysing_FileList_with_Vivide_Screenshot_2017-10-05.png (281K) Download Attachment

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
There is

   Project current

which gives

   an AnimMorphicProject

I can "jump to" the parent project and use the menu 'Projects' -> 'New
Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject'.

I get a new AnimMorphicProject but that is not configured. No Vivide
tools in the world menu.

It seems that the efforts to get that are pretty similar to what is
currently work in progress in 'MorphicProject subclass: EtoysProject'.

--Hannes

On 10/5/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Marcel
>
> attached is a screen shot of a 'class outline' of FileList done with
> Vivide (the version based on Squeak 5.1, [3]). On the right hand side
> is the script you posted earlier today.
>
> This helps to look at the system in a synoptic using screen estate well.
>
> Would it be possible to have a preconfigured Vivide version for the
> most recent trunk in [3] for finding out about current issues as well?
>
> Or even better - have Vivide as a loadable project type like what we
> are trying to do now with EtoysProject?
>
> Kind regards
> Hannes
>

> On 10/5/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi, Hannes.
>>
>> Here is the script that produced the output. Just do-it in a workspace:
>>
>> {
>>
>> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
>>     #object -> class.
>>     #text -> (ViLabelService doObject: class).
>>     #icon -> (ViIconService doObject: class) } ]]
>>   -> { #isProperty -> true.
>>        #view -> ViTreeViewExtended }.
>>
>> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
>>     #object -> class.
>>     #text  -> (ViObjectOriginService doObject: class) } ]]
>>   -> {(#isProperty -> true)}.
>>
>> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out addAll: class subclasses]].
>>
>> 1. "reference to the first step"
>> } asScript openScriptWith: {StringHolder}.
>>

>> Best,
>> Marcel
>> Am 05.10.2017 15:55:40 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:
>> I am using Vivide [1], whose standard scripts make use of Widgets [2].
>> There
>> are pre-configured Squeak images [3].
>>
>> Best,
>> Marcel
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/
>> [https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/]
>> [2] https://github.com/hpi-swa/widgets
>> [https://github.com/hpi-swa/widgets]
>> [3] https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/artefacts/vivide/
>> [https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/artefacts/vivide/]
>> Am 05.10.2017 15:50:58 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
>> I agree, Marcel. Please, what is this nice tool you have been using
>> for the screen shot?
>> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
Load instructions from https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/ work fine in
a recent trunk image.

Then I go for 'Projects' -> 'New Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject',
then in a ws
    VivideLight open

quite a number of complaints such as

    Object>>#defaultBackgroundColor has been deprecated. Implement
#uniformWindowColor and #customWindowColor in your model.

On 10/5/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> There is
>
>    Project current
>
> which gives
>
>    an AnimMorphicProject
>
> I can "jump to" the parent project and use the menu 'Projects' -> 'New
> Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject'.
>
> I get a new AnimMorphicProject but that is not configured. No Vivide
> tools in the world menu.
>
> It seems that the efforts to get that are pretty similar to what is
> currently work in progress in 'MorphicProject subclass: EtoysProject'.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 10/5/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Marcel
>>
>> attached is a screen shot of a 'class outline' of FileList done with
>> Vivide (the version based on Squeak 5.1, [3]). On the right hand side
>> is the script you posted earlier today.
>>
>> This helps to look at the system in a synoptic using screen estate well.
>>
>> Would it be possible to have a preconfigured Vivide version for the
>> most recent trunk in [3] for finding out about current issues as well?
>>
>> Or even better - have Vivide as a loadable project type like what we
>> are trying to do now with EtoysProject?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Hannes
>>

>> On 10/5/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi, Hannes.
>>>
>>> Here is the script that produced the output. Just do-it in a workspace:
>>>
>>> {
>>>
>>> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
>>>     #object -> class.
>>>     #text -> (ViLabelService doObject: class).
>>>     #icon -> (ViIconService doObject: class) } ]]
>>>   -> { #isProperty -> true.
>>>        #view -> ViTreeViewExtended }.
>>>
>>> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
>>>     #object -> class.
>>>     #text  -> (ViObjectOriginService doObject: class) } ]]
>>>   -> {(#isProperty -> true)}.
>>>
>>> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out addAll: class subclasses]].
>>>
>>> 1. "reference to the first step"
>>> } asScript openScriptWith: {StringHolder}.
>>>

>>> Best,
>>> Marcel
>>> Am 05.10.2017 15:55:40 schrieb Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]>:
>>> I am using Vivide [1], whose standard scripts make use of Widgets [2].
>>> There
>>> are pre-configured Squeak images [3].
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Marcel
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/
>>> [https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/]
>>> [2] https://github.com/hpi-swa/widgets
>>> [https://github.com/hpi-swa/widgets]
>>> [3] https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/artefacts/vivide/
>>> [https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/artefacts/vivide/]
>>> Am 05.10.2017 15:50:58 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
>>> I agree, Marcel. Please, what is this nice tool you have been using
>>> for the screen shot?
>>> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

marcel.taeumel
Hi Hannes,

not sure how many deprecated methods are still in use in current Vivide. I work with Squeak 5.1 at the moment. If you find any more such message sends, tell me. I will fix them. :)

Try again. I removed the use of #defaultBackgroundColor.

Best,
Marcel

On 10/5/17, H. Hirzel wrote:

> There is
>
> Project current
>
> which gives
>
> an AnimMorphicProject
>
> I can "jump to" the parent project and use the menu 'Projects' -> 'New
> Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject'.
>
> I get a new AnimMorphicProject but that is not configured. No Vivide
> tools in the world menu.
>
> It seems that the efforts to get that are pretty similar to what is
> currently work in progress in 'MorphicProject subclass: EtoysProject'.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 10/5/17, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> Hello Marcel
>>
>> attached is a screen shot of a 'class outline' of FileList done with
>> Vivide (the version based on Squeak 5.1, [3]). On the right hand side
>> is the script you posted earlier today.
>>
>> This helps to look at the system in a synoptic using screen estate well.
>>
>> Would it be possible to have a preconfigured Vivide version for the
>> most recent trunk in [3] for finding out about current issues as well?
>>
>> Or even better - have Vivide as a loadable project type like what we
>> are trying to do now with EtoysProject?
>>
>> Kind regards
>> Hannes
>>

>> On 10/5/17, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
>>> Hi, Hannes.
>>>
>>> Here is the script that produced the output. Just do-it in a workspace:
>>>
>>> {
>>>
>>> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
>>> #object -> class.
>>> #text -> (ViLabelService doObject: class).
>>> #icon -> (ViIconService doObject: class) } ]]
>>> -> { #isProperty -> true.
>>> #view -> ViTreeViewExtended }.
>>>
>>> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
>>> #object -> class.
>>> #text -> (ViObjectOriginService doObject: class) } ]]
>>> -> {(#isProperty -> true)}.
>>>
>>> [:in :out | in do: [:class | out addAll: class subclasses]].
>>>
>>> 1. "reference to the first step"
>>> } asScript openScriptWith: {StringHolder}.
>>>

>>> Best,
>>> Marcel
>>> Am 05.10.2017 15:55:40 schrieb Marcel Taeumel :
>>> I am using Vivide [1], whose standard scripts make use of Widgets [2].
>>> There
>>> are pre-configured Squeak images [3].
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Marcel
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/
>>> [https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/]
>>> [2] https://github.com/hpi-swa/widgets
>>> [https://github.com/hpi-swa/widgets]
>>> [3] https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/artefacts/vivide/
>>> [https://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/artefacts/vivide/]
>>> Am 05.10.2017 15:50:58 schrieb H. Hirzel :
>>> I agree, Marcel. Please, what is this nice tool you have been using
>>> for the screen shot?
>>> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

marcel.taeumel
Hi Hannes,

the "AnimMorphicProject" is a thing from the "Animations" package. It has nothing to do with Vivide itself. You would just miss some animations if you run Vivide in a regular MorphicProject. There is no need to have a custom project for Vivide because it is basically a new ToolSet.

For better understanding the Project concept, I suggest to take a look at SqueakShell:
 Installer swa project: 'SqueakShell'; install: 'SqueakShell'.

Best,
Marcel

On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
>
> not sure how many deprecated methods are still in use in current Vivide. I
> work with Squeak 5.1 at the moment. If you find any more such message sends,
> tell me. I will fix them. :)
>
> Try again. I removed the use of #defaultBackgroundColor.

Thank you, Marcel,  for fixing this quickly.

I reloaded Vivide into a recent Squeak6.0a trunk image

    Metacello new
      baseline: 'Vivide';
      repository: 'github://hpi-swa/vivide/repository';
      load.

No UI complaints after

    VivideLight open

--Hannes

> Best,
> Marcel
> Am 06.10.2017 08:46:58 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
> Load instructions from https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/ work fine in
> a recent trunk image.
>
> Then I go for 'Projects' -> 'New Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject',
> then in a ws
> VivideLight open
>
> quite a number of complaints such as
>
> Object>>#defaultBackgroundColor has been deprecated. Implement
> #uniformWindowColor and #customWindowColor in your model.
>
> On 10/5/17, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> There is
>>
>> Project current
>>
>> which gives
>>
>> an AnimMorphicProject
>>
>> I can "jump to" the parent project and use the menu 'Projects' -> 'New
>> Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject'.
>>
>> I get a new AnimMorphicProject but that is not configured. No Vivide
>> tools in the world menu.
>>
>> It seems that the efforts to get that are pretty similar to what is
>> currently work in progress in 'MorphicProject subclass: EtoysProject'.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 10/5/17, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>> Hello Marcel
>>>
>>> attached is a screen shot of a 'class outline' of FileList done with
>>> Vivide (the version based on Squeak 5.1, [3]). On the right hand side
>>> is the script you posted earlier today.
>>>
>>> This helps to look at the system in a synoptic using screen estate well.
>>>
>>> Would it be possible to have a preconfigured Vivide version for the
>>> most recent trunk in [3] for finding out about current issues as well?
>>>
>>> Or even better - have Vivide as a loadable project type like what we
>>> are trying to do now with EtoysProject?
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Hannes,
>
> the "AnimMorphicProject" is a thing from the "Animations" package. It has
> nothing to do with Vivide itself. You would just miss some animations if you
> run Vivide in a regular MorphicProject. There is no need to have a custom
> project for Vivide because it is basically a new ToolSet.
>
> For better understanding the Project concept, I suggest to take a look at
> SqueakShell:
>  Installer swa project: 'SqueakShell'; install: 'SqueakShell'.
>
> Best,
> Marcel

Hi Marcel

yes, you announced SqueakShell on the list Fri, Jul 8, 2016 at 4:17 PM.
Thank you for the reminder. A good way to learn about the inner
working of projects (e.g. entering, leaving a project).

Regards
Hannes

On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi Hannes,
>>
>> not sure how many deprecated methods are still in use in current Vivide.
>> work with Squeak 5.1 at the moment. If you find any more such message
>> sends,
>> tell me. I will fix them. :)
>>
>> Try again. I removed the use of #defaultBackgroundColor.
>
> Thank you, Marcel,  for fixing this quickly.
>
> I reloaded Vivide into a recent Squeak6.0a trunk image
>
>     Metacello new
>       baseline: 'Vivide';
>       repository: 'github://hpi-swa/vivide/repository';
>       load.
>
> No UI complaints after
>
>     VivideLight open
>
> --Hannes

But more complaints after executing a script in the workspace

Preferences class>>#menuSelectionColor has been deprecated. mt: Use UI themes.

>> Best,
>> Marcel
>> Am 06.10.2017 08:46:58 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
>> Load instructions from https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/ work fine in
>> a recent trunk image.
>>
>> Then I go for 'Projects' -> 'New Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject',
>> then in a ws
>> VivideLight open
>>
>> quite a number of complaints such as
>>
>> Object>>#defaultBackgroundColor has been deprecated. Implement
>> #uniformWindowColor and #customWindowColor in your model.
>>
>> On 10/5/17, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>> There is
>>>
>>> Project current
>>>
>>> which gives
>>>
>>> an AnimMorphicProject
>>>
>>> I can "jump to" the parent project and use the menu 'Projects' -> 'New
>>> Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject'.
>>>
>>> I get a new AnimMorphicProject but that is not configured. No Vivide
>>> tools in the world menu.
>>>
>>> It seems that the efforts to get that are pretty similar to what is
>>> currently work in progress in 'MorphicProject subclass: EtoysProject'.
>>>
>>> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

marcel.taeumel
Seems to be related to OCompletion? We should fix that: http://www.squeaksource.com/OCompletion

Best,
Marcel

Am 06.10.2017 10:10:20 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:

On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel wrote:

> On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
>> Hi Hannes,
>>
>> not sure how many deprecated methods are still in use in current Vivide.
>> work with Squeak 5.1 at the moment. If you find any more such message
>> sends,
>> tell me. I will fix them. :)
>>
>> Try again. I removed the use of #defaultBackgroundColor.
>
> Thank you, Marcel, for fixing this quickly.
>
> I reloaded Vivide into a recent Squeak6.0a trunk image
>
> Metacello new
> baseline: 'Vivide';
> repository: 'github://hpi-swa/vivide/repository';
> load.
>
> No UI complaints after
>
> VivideLight open
>
> --Hannes

But more complaints after executing a script in the workspace

Preferences class>>#menuSelectionColor has been deprecated. mt: Use UI themes.

>> Best,
>> Marcel
>> Am 06.10.2017 08:46:58 schrieb H. Hirzel :
>> Load instructions from https://github.com/hpi-swa/vivide/ work fine in
>> a recent trunk image.
>>
>> Then I go for 'Projects' -> 'New Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject',
>> then in a ws
>> VivideLight open
>>
>> quite a number of complaints such as
>>
>> Object>>#defaultBackgroundColor has been deprecated. Implement
>> #uniformWindowColor and #customWindowColor in your model.
>>
>> On 10/5/17, H. Hirzel wrote:
>>> There is
>>>
>>> Project current
>>>
>>> which gives
>>>
>>> an AnimMorphicProject
>>>
>>> I can "jump to" the parent project and use the menu 'Projects' -> 'New
>>> Project' -> 'New AnimMorphicProject'.
>>>
>>> I get a new AnimMorphicProject but that is not configured. No Vivide
>>> tools in the world menu.
>>>
>>> It seems that the efforts to get that are pretty similar to what is
>>> currently work in progress in 'MorphicProject subclass: EtoysProject'.
>>>
>>> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Seems to be related to OCompletion? We should fix
> that: http://www.squeaksource.com/OCompletion

you mean? I do not have access rights to that repo. But Levente has ....

ECPreferences>>
menuSelectionColor

        Smalltalk at: #UITheme ifPresent: [ :uiTheme |
                "Pharo"
                ^uiTheme current settings selectionColor ].
        Smalltalk at: #Preferences ifPresent: [ :preferences |
                "Squeak"
                ^preferences menuSelectionColor ]

For a quick local fix in my image I just copied the hard coded variant from

      ColorTheme menuSelectionColor

into

       ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor

        ^ Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9

Now I have a working Vivide copy in a Squeak6.0a recent trunk image! Great!

--Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
P.S. A temporary local fix I did in my image is

      ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor

        ^ Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9

But what is needed is a fix which honours the UI theme.

On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Seems to be related to OCompletion? We should fix
>> that: http://www.squeaksource.com/OCompletion
>
> you mean? I do not have access rights to that repo. But Levente has ....
>
> ECPreferences>>
> menuSelectionColor
>
> Smalltalk at: #UITheme ifPresent: [ :uiTheme |
> "Pharo"
> ^uiTheme current settings selectionColor ].
> Smalltalk at: #Preferences ifPresent: [ :preferences |
> "Squeak"
> ^preferences menuSelectionColor ]
>

> For a quick local fix in my image I just copied the hard coded variant from
>
>       ColorTheme menuSelectionColor
>
> into
>
>        ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>
>         ^ Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9
>

> Now I have a working Vivide copy in a Squeak6.0a recent trunk image! Great!
>
> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

marcel.taeumel
Try accessing the UI theme directly for the moment:

(UserInterfaceTheme current get: #selectionColor for: #MenuItemMorph) ifNil: [(Color r: 0.4 g: 0.5 b: 0.7)]

... look at MenuMorph class >> #menuSelectionColor (deprecated).

Best,
Marcel

On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel wrote:
> On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
>> Seems to be related to OCompletion? We should fix
>> that: http://www.squeaksource.com/OCompletion
>
> you mean? I do not have access rights to that repo. But Levente has ....
>
> ECPreferences>>
> menuSelectionColor
>
> Smalltalk at: #UITheme ifPresent: [ :uiTheme |
> "Pharo"
> ^uiTheme current settings selectionColor ].
> Smalltalk at: #Preferences ifPresent: [ :preferences |
> "Squeak"
> ^preferences menuSelectionColor ]
>

> For a quick local fix in my image I just copied the hard coded variant from
>
> ColorTheme menuSelectionColor
>
> into
>
> ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>
> ^ Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9
>

> Now I have a working Vivide copy in a Squeak6.0a recent trunk image! Great!
>
> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
I replaced locally in my image

 ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
        Smalltalk at: #UITheme ifPresent: [ :uiTheme |
                "Pharo"
                ^uiTheme current settings selectionColor ].
        Smalltalk at: #Preferences ifPresent: [ :preferences |
                "Squeak"
                ^preferences menuSelectionColor ]

with

 ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor

^(UserInterfaceTheme current get: #selectionColor for: #MenuItemMorph)
ifNil: [(Color r: 0.4 g: 0.5 b: 0.7)]

Now I have a Vivide in my 6.0a trunk work image.

Thank you, Marcel. This was easy to get Vivide into Squeak 6.0a.

--Hannes

On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Try accessing the UI theme directly for the moment:
>
> (UserInterfaceTheme current get: #selectionColor for: #MenuItemMorph) ifNil:
> [(Color r: 0.4 g: 0.5 b: 0.7)]
>

> ... look at MenuMorph class >> #menuSelectionColor (deprecated).
>
> Best,
> Marcel
> Am 06.10.2017 11:19:24 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
> P.S. A temporary local fix I did in my image is
>
> ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>
> ^ Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9
>

> But what is needed is a fix which honours the UI theme.
>
> On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel wrote:
>> On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel wrote:
>>> Seems to be related to OCompletion? We should fix
>>> that: http://www.squeaksource.com/OCompletion
>>
>> you mean? I do not have access rights to that repo. But Levente has ....
>>
>> ECPreferences>>
>> menuSelectionColor
>>
>> Smalltalk at: #UITheme ifPresent: [ :uiTheme |
>> "Pharo"
>> ^uiTheme current settings selectionColor ].
>> Smalltalk at: #Preferences ifPresent: [ :preferences |
>> "Squeak"
>> ^preferences menuSelectionColor ]
>>

>> For a quick local fix in my image I just copied the hard coded variant
>> from
>>
>> ColorTheme menuSelectionColor
>>
>> into
>>
>> ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>>
>> ^ Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9
>>

>> Now I have a working Vivide copy in a Squeak6.0a recent trunk image!
>> Great!
>>
>> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
An issue when dragging out a class from the list

PasteUpMorph(Object)>>doesNotUnderStand: #first

Marked below with " ***** "

wnds is a PasteUpMorph

openArtifactsForTransferMorph: aTransferMorph

        ^ (self showWindowForTransferMorph: aTransferMorph) in: [:wnds |
                | bounds |
                wnds first " ***** " center: self currentEvent position.

                bounds :=((wnds collect: [:wnd | wnd fullBounds])
                        reduce: [:b1 :b2 | b1 topLeft extent: (b1 width + b2 width) @ (b1
height max: b2 height)])
                                translatedToBeWithin: (RealEstateAgent maximumUsableAreaInWorld: self).

                wnds first topLeft: bounds topLeft.

                "Align other windows next to the first one."
                wnds overlappingPairsDo: [:wnd1 :wnd2 |
                        wnd2 topLeft: wnd1 topRight].

                ^ wnds first]

On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I replaced locally in my image
>

>  ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
> Smalltalk at: #UITheme ifPresent: [ :uiTheme |
> "Pharo"
> ^uiTheme current settings selectionColor ].
> Smalltalk at: #Preferences ifPresent: [ :preferences |
> "Squeak"
> ^preferences menuSelectionColor ]
>

> with
>

>  ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>
> ^(UserInterfaceTheme current get: #selectionColor for: #MenuItemMorph)
> ifNil: [(Color r: 0.4 g: 0.5 b: 0.7)]
>

> Now I have a Vivide in my 6.0a trunk work image.
>

> Thank you, Marcel. This was easy to get Vivide into Squeak 6.0a.
>
> --Hannes
>
> On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Try accessing the UI theme directly for the moment:
>>
>> (UserInterfaceTheme current get: #selectionColor for: #MenuItemMorph)
>> ifNil:
>> [(Color r: 0.4 g: 0.5 b: 0.7)]
>>

>> ... look at MenuMorph class >> #menuSelectionColor (deprecated).
>>
>> Best,
>> Marcel
>> Am 06.10.2017 11:19:24 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
>> P.S. A temporary local fix I did in my image is
>>
>> ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>>
>> ^ Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9
>>

>> But what is needed is a fix which honours the UI theme.

>>> you mean? I do not have access rights to that repo. But Levente has ....
>>>
>>> ECPreferences>>
>>> menuSelectionColor
>>>
>>> Smalltalk at: #UITheme ifPresent: [ :uiTheme |
>>> "Pharo"
>>> ^uiTheme current settings selectionColor ].
>>> Smalltalk at: #Preferences ifPresent: [ :preferences |
>>> "Squeak"
>>> ^preferences menuSelectionColor ]
>>>

>>> For a quick local fix in my image I just copied the hard coded variant
>>> from
>>>
>>> ColorTheme menuSelectionColor
>>>
>>> into
>>>
>>> ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>>>
>>> ^ Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9
>>>

>>> Now I have a working Vivide copy in a Squeak6.0a recent trunk image!
>>> Great!
>>>
>>> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
this happens in my Squeak6.0a trunk work image which has other
packages loaded. Not in the 6.0a test image which only has Metacello
and Vivide. I have to do more investigations ....

On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> An issue when dragging out a class from the list
>

> PasteUpMorph(Object)>>doesNotUnderStand: #first
>
> Marked below with " ***** "
>
> wnds is a PasteUpMorph
>

> openArtifactsForTransferMorph: aTransferMorph
>
> ^ (self showWindowForTransferMorph: aTransferMorph) in: [:wnds |
> | bounds |
> wnds first " ***** " center: self currentEvent position.
>
> bounds :=((wnds collect: [:wnd | wnd fullBounds])
> reduce: [:b1 :b2 | b1 topLeft extent: (b1 width + b2 width) @ (b1
> height max: b2 height)])
> translatedToBeWithin: (RealEstateAgent maximumUsableAreaInWorld: self).
>
> wnds first topLeft: bounds topLeft.
>
> "Align other windows next to the first one."
> wnds overlappingPairsDo: [:wnd1 :wnd2 |
> wnd2 topLeft: wnd1 topRight].
>
> ^ wnds first]
>

> On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I replaced locally in my image
>>

>>  ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>> Smalltalk at: #UITheme ifPresent: [ :uiTheme |
>> "Pharo"
>> ^uiTheme current settings selectionColor ].
>> Smalltalk at: #Preferences ifPresent: [ :preferences |
>> "Squeak"
>> ^preferences menuSelectionColor ]
>>

>> with
>>

>>  ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>>
>> ^(UserInterfaceTheme current get: #selectionColor for: #MenuItemMorph)
>> ifNil: [(Color r: 0.4 g: 0.5 b: 0.7)]
>>

>> Now I have a Vivide in my 6.0a trunk work image.
>>

>> Thank you, Marcel. This was easy to get Vivide into Squeak 6.0a.
>>
>> --Hannes
>>
>> On 10/6/17, Marcel Taeumel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Try accessing the UI theme directly for the moment:
>>>
>>> (UserInterfaceTheme current get: #selectionColor for: #MenuItemMorph)
>>> ifNil:
>>> [(Color r: 0.4 g: 0.5 b: 0.7)]
>>>

>>> ... look at MenuMorph class >> #menuSelectionColor (deprecated).
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Marcel
>>> Am 06.10.2017 11:19:24 schrieb H. Hirzel <[hidden email]>:
>>> P.S. A temporary local fix I did in my image is
>>>
>>> ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>>>
>>> ^ Color r: 0.2 g: 0.3 b: 0.9
>>>

>>> But what is needed is a fix which honours the UI theme.

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
As a workaround  in Sq6.0a  to avoid drag and drop of a class to get a
class outline.

How can I open a class outline with a script?

On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:

> this happens in my Squeak6.0a trunk work image which has other
> packages loaded. Not in the 6.0a test image which only has Metacello
> and Vivide. I have to do more investigations ....
>
> On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> An issue when dragging out a class from the list
>>

>> PasteUpMorph(Object)>>doesNotUnderStand: #first
>>
>> Marked below with " ***** "
>>
>> wnds is a PasteUpMorph
>>

>> openArtifactsForTransferMorph: aTransferMorph
>>
>> ^ (self showWindowForTransferMorph: aTransferMorph) in: [:wnds |
>> | bounds |
>> wnds first " ***** " center: self currentEvent position.
>>
>> bounds :=((wnds collect: [:wnd | wnd fullBounds])
>> reduce: [:b1 :b2 | b1 topLeft extent: (b1 width + b2 width) @ (b1
>> height max: b2 height)])
>> translatedToBeWithin: (RealEstateAgent maximumUsableAreaInWorld:
>> self).
>>
>> wnds first topLeft: bounds topLeft.
>>
>> "Align other windows next to the first one."
>> wnds overlappingPairsDo: [:wnd1 :wnd2 |
>> wnd2 topLeft: wnd1 topRight].
>>
>> ^ wnds first]
>>

>> On 10/6/17, H. Hirzel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> I replaced locally in my image
>>>

>>>  ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>>> Smalltalk at: #UITheme ifPresent: [ :uiTheme |
>>> "Pharo"
>>> ^uiTheme current settings selectionColor ].
>>> Smalltalk at: #Preferences ifPresent: [ :preferences |
>>> "Squeak"
>>> ^preferences menuSelectionColor ]
>>>

>>> with
>>>

>>>  ECPreferences>>menuSelectionColor
>>>
>>> ^(UserInterfaceTheme current get: #selectionColor for: #MenuItemMorph)
>>> ifNil: [(Color r: 0.4 g: 0.5 b: 0.7)]
>>>

>>> Now I have a Vivide in my 6.0a trunk work image.
>>>

>>> Thank you, Marcel. This was easy to get Vivide into Squeak 6.0a.
>>>
>>> --Hannes

Re: Displaying the class outline of FileList in the Vivide IDE

Hannes Hirzel
Note:

The Vivide script from Marcel T. [1] is a very useful tool to get a
global view how a class hierarchy has its subclasses distributed among
the different packages. Outstanding.

[1]  Vivide script to get a two column view :

- collapsible, hierarchical class hierarchy list
- package of the class

{

[:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
    #object -> class.
    #text -> (ViLabelService doObject: class).
    #icon -> (ViIconService doObject: class) } ]]
  -> { #isProperty -> true.
       #view -> ViTreeViewExtended }.

[:in :out | in do: [:class | out add: {
    #object -> class.
    #text  -> (ViObjectOriginService doObject: class) } ]]
  -> {(#isProperty -> true)}.

[:in :out | in do: [:class | out addAll: class subclasses]].

1. "reference to the first step"
} asScript openScriptWith: {PdicObj}.