Distinguishing between dynamic vs. static HTTP requests

Distinguishing between dynamic vs. static HTTP requests

jgfoster
When serving web pages from a web server in front of Smalltalk (e.g., Apache, Nginx, etc.), is there a convention for designating which pages are to be sent on to Smalltalk and which are to be served directly (or sent somewhere else)? Is there a prefix or suffix for one or the other? That is, do you treat everything that begins with ‘/static/‘ as static (easy enough) and everything else gets forwarded to Smalltalk? Or do you have a similar prefix for ‘/dynamic/‘ content? Or do you have a suffix (‘.st’ or ‘.seaside’) that designates requests that are sent on to Smalltalk? I can make any of these work, and I can come up with my own rules, but if there is a convention I’d like to follow it.

Thanks,
James

Re: Distinguishing between dynamic vs. static HTTP requests

Sven Van Caekenberghe-2
Hmm, not really, in Seaside it is typically /files and /static is something that I have used as well, but really it should be flexible as there are too many different scenarios, including all kinds of prefixes.