Distributing a prototype Dolphin app

12

Re: Distributing a prototype Dolphin app

Andy Bower-3
Bill,

> > From what you say above, it seems that you are only re-using the
> > view resource and not the associated Smalltalk code. Strictly
> > speaking this is still not allowed by the license but why not drop
> > us a line to explain what it is that you are doing and we'll
> > probably be able to give you permission to "bend the rules".
>
> That's what I have come to expect from Object Arts.  Well done.

As it turns out (after Peter got in contact) I don't think there is a
need to perform any "unpleasant bending" (for those who remember the
Bonzos).

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: Distributing a prototype Dolphin app

talios@gmail.com
Sean Malloy wrote:

>I bought DVE and straight away went and upgraded Pro. Look at it this way,
>you get an upgrade to Dolphin 6 at the end of year for only the difference
>in price..

Has there been any mention of the changes coming 6 at all?

Re: Distributing a prototype Dolphin app

Sean Malloy-6
> >I bought DVE and straight away went and upgraded Pro. Look at it this
way,
> >you get an upgrade to Dolphin 6 at the end of year for only the
difference
> >in price..
> >

> Has there been any mention of the changes coming 6 at all?

There are some additional plugins to the CHB, a code rewrite tool, a
smalllint plugin?

There is also the removal of the richtext text editor (!), Andy mentioned
they're replacing it with the scintilla control? Something like that, which
will make the actual workspace/text editing so much nicer (IMO - The
richtext control is crap, but thats not a dolphin failing, thats a Windows
failing)

Some updated examples, The dolphin wiki written as a swazoo app? a genetics
app? (no idea)

New documentation and website too. Which is ood, one thing about dolphin is,
if it wasn't for google groups, it would be a lot harder to find stuff out..

New presenters, some radiobutton presenters..

Some of these are stuff I've piecemealed out of groups searches... There are
hints and one liners all through the archives about features that will be
available. All in all I'm looking forward to it, if just to be rid of the
damned richtext control

12