Distributing native libraries with Metacello

Distributing native libraries with Metacello

Ronie Salgado
Hi All,

During the last month I have been doing a massive refactoring to Woden 2. By using Lowtalk for the math library, the requirement on the Lowcode VM is now optional. However, there are still some native library dependencies required for distributing Woden:
 - AbstractGpu, a wrapper for graphics API (Vulkan, Metal and D3D12).
 - AbstracPhysicsa  wrapper for physics engines (Bullet).

I saw that when loading Bloc via the Metacello script, it does download the Moz2D dependency. So, I am wondering how I could do the same for Woden?.

There is also a dependency on the data present in a repository with some core assets, mostly the required shaders, and some textures. I am also wondering wondering on how I could tell Metacello to clone this repository, or download its zip file from GitHub?

Best regards,
Ronie

Re: Distributing native libraries with Metacello

hernanmd
Hi Ronie,

Have a look at:

https://github.com/hernanmd/MetacelloFileDownload

Best regards,

Hernán

> Hi All,
>
> During the last month I have been doing a massive refactoring to Woden 2. By
> using Lowtalk for the math library, the requirement on the Lowcode VM is now
> optional. However, there are still some native library dependencies required
> for distributing Woden:
>  - AbstractGpu, a wrapper for graphics API (Vulkan, Metal and D3D12).
>  - AbstracPhysicsa  wrapper for physics engines (Bullet).
>
> I saw that when loading Bloc via the Metacello script, it does download the
> Moz2D dependency. So, I am wondering how I could do the same for Woden?.
>
> There is also a dependency on the data present in a repository with some
> core assets, mostly the required shaders, and some textures. I am also
> wondering wondering on how I could tell Metacello to clone this repository,
> or download its zip file from GitHub?
>
> Best regards,
> Ronie

Re: Distributing native libraries with Metacello

Stephane Ducasse-3
Hi ronie

We were discussing with guille that we need a notion of project
repository so that people can access to external resources
once they clone their repo. Right now we can use IceRepository "default".

Stef