Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi,

For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've
made one about Dolphin :-D.

You can download it from <http://emaringolo.users.dolphinmap.net>.

Regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk

Udo Schneider
Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
> For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've
> made one about Dolphin :-D.
Nice work Esteban! I really liked your minimlist approach. I hope you
don't mind that I "copied" your design and adapted it for a Screensaver.

The screensaver is available here:
http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/apps/doItBestdolphinScreensaver.html

CU,

Udo

Re: Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk

Stefan Schmiedl
On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:03:40 +0200, Udo Schneider wrote:

> Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
>> For those who like minimalist and/or propagandistic wallpapers, I've
>> made one about Dolphin :-D.
> Nice work Esteban! I really liked your minimlist approach. I hope you
> don't mind that I "copied" your design and adapted it for a Screensaver.
>
> The screensaver is available here:
> http://udos.users.dolphinmap.net/apps/doItBestdolphinScreensaver.html
>
> CU,
>
> Udo

Kudos to both of you, the image is fabulous and the screensaver will
be made default on all of my PCs.

Now I need to buy a new laptop elegant enough for the wallpaper :-)

Thanks,
s.

Stefan Schmiedl wrote:
> Kudos to both of you, the image is fabulous and the screensaver will
> be made default on all of my PCs.
Thanks for the flowers :-)

BTW: Before I get more private questions on this. Yes, the screensaver
is written in Dolphin Smalltalk and yes I will make the framework
available as a goody. This basically means that /every/ View can be
turned into a screensaver with very less effort (you have to define a
name and a configuration dialog). Please note that this does not require
  any changes to the View itself!

CU,

Udo

Re: Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk

Christoph J. Bachinger
Hi Stefan,

I just downloaded your Screensaver. I like it very much and it will
become the default on my machines.

But did you ever test it on double monitor systems. Because only the
first screen shows the saver the second is still alive. I tested this on
2 different double monitor systems. We use GForce4 Ti4200 and GX 5600
Graphic Adapters

Thanks to Esteban and you
cjb

Re: Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk

Christoph J. Bachinger
Hi Udo,

I just downloaded your Screensaver. I like it very much and it will
become the default on my machines.

But did you ever test it on double monitor systems. Because only the
first screen shows the saver the second is still alive. I tested this on
2 different double monitor systems. We use GForce4 Ti4200 and GX 5600
Graphic Adapters

Sorry second try it becomes realy to hot.

Thanks to Esteban and you
cjb

Christoph J. Bachinger schrieb:
> Hi Stefan,

UUps

Christoph J. Bachinger wrote:
> But did you ever test it on double monitor systems. Because only the
> first screen shows the saver the second is still alive. I tested this on
> 2 different double monitor systems. We use GForce4 Ti4200 and GX 5600
> Graphic Adapters
I did test it indeed ... and it didn't work :-)

As far as I browsed through the /default/ class library there is no way
to enumerate monitors and/or get the extent of the displays. Currently I
just have the Screensaver cover the DesktopView. This defaults to the
primary display. If anyone knows a solution for that I'd be happy to know.

In addition there is allways the question what to do if you have
multiple monitors. Do you use one instance of the saver which spans over
the complete display(s) areas or do you start an independent instance
per display ...

CU,

Udo

Udo Schneider wrote:
> As far as I browsed through the /default/ class library there is no way
> to enumerate monitors and/or get the extent of the displays. Currently I
> just have the Screensaver cover the DesktopView. This defaults to the
> primary display. If anyone knows a solution for that I'd be happy to know.
Forget part of that. The following code snippet came to the rescue ;-) :
SystemMetrics current virtualScreenExtent

CU,

Udo

Re: Do-it best with Dolphin Smalltalk

Udo Schneider
Christoph J. Bachinger wrote:
> I just downloaded your Screensaver. I like it very much and it will
> become the default on my machines.
I just uploaded a new version which supports multiple monitors as one
huge virtual display.

In addition I reactivated two features which where commented out:
  - Hide Cursor during Screensaver
  - End Screensaver on Key

Regards,

Udo