Do we want this for Pharo 1.2 and futures?

Do we want this for Pharo 1.2 and futures?

Mariano Martinez Peck
In Pharo 1.0 and 1.1 I used to include certain files in addition to the .image and .changes. These files were: changelog.txt, installScript.st and packages.txt
So...what do you think? are they (still) useful ?   if true, then we should add it to hudson. If not, we just ignore it.

Thanks

Mariano

Re: Do we want this for Pharo 1.2 and futures?

Guillermo Polito
I've always ignored them ;)

Mariano

Re: Do we want this for Pharo 1.2 and futures?

Mariano Martinez Peck

On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 7:24 AM, Guillermo Polito <[hidden email]> wrote:
I've always ignored them ;)

Me too.
For me, we can remove them. But I am wondering if other people find it useful...maybe newcomers?  (this is why I also included pharo-users mailing list)

cheers

mariano

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 4:13 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck <[hidden email]> wrote:
In Pharo 1.0 and 1.1 I used to include certain files in addition to the .image and .changes. These files were: changelog.txt, installScript.st and packages.txt
So...what do you think? are they (still) useful ?   if true, then we should add it to hudson. If not, we just ignore it.

Thanks

Mariano

Re: Do we want this for Pharo 1.2 and futures?

Miguel Cobá
installScript definitely yes.

changelog is useful if it is accurate and maintained else better avoid
it. Packages I never found a reason for it to be in the zip. not very
useful for newbies because they don't now what a package is based only
in the name and for a experimented user, they can find the packages
directly in the image.

So, I think that they won't be missing.

Cheers

--
Miguel Cobá
http://twitter.com/MiguelCobaMtz

Re: Do we want this for Pharo 1.2 and futures?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Discussion finished.
Marcus, can we add in the PharoDev images a installScript.st with the code that was executed to generate the image?  yes, the ConfigurationOfPharo load....

--

http://marianopeck.wordpress.com