Do web browsers send (post) values of disabled fields to the server?

Do web browsers send (post) values of disabled fields to the server?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi All,

I am seeing something that looks like the web browser is not sending
(posting) values of disabled fields to the server.  Is this normal?  Is it
optional?

Lou

Re: Do web browsers send (post) values of disabled fields to the server?

Lukas Renggli
> I am seeing something that looks like the web browser is not sending
> (posting) values of disabled fields to the server.  Is this normal?  Is it
> optional?

http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.12.1

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch

On Tue, 7 Apr 2009 17:34:40 +0200, Lukas Renggli <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> I am seeing something that looks like the web browser is not sending
>> (posting) values of disabled fields to the server.  Is this normal?  Is it
>> optional?
>
>http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/interact/forms.html#h-17.12.1
>
>Cheers,
>Lukas

Thanks Lukas.  It is exactly what I was looking for.

Lou