Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

12

Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi all.

I would like to made one of my images available through Pharo Launcher.
Anyone knows where I can find documentation about this? I can't find
anything on the StHub page for the project.

Thanks,

Offray

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

SergeStinckwich
Images available through PharoLauncher are images on the CI server :
You need to add a CI job.

Sent from my iPhone

On 3 mai 2016, at 02:14, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all.

I would like to made one of my images available through Pharo Launcher. Anyone knows where I can find documentation about this? I can't find anything on the StHub page for the project.

Thanks,

Offray

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

cedreek
Another solution (incomplete) is to put you image in the default directory of images (you can change it and images will migrate).

Settings can be accessed but the right bottom icon.

Eventually change the path as I did.

Then put tour image + change (in a directory like PharoWeb).

Hope this help,

Cheers,
Cédrik

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

Ben Coman
On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 8:14 AM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I would like to made one of my images available through Pharo Launcher.
> Anyone knows where I can find documentation about this? I can't find
> anything on the StHub page for the project.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Offray

Do you mean for your own use? Or so others can download them using
PharoLauncher?
cheers -ben

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi Ben,

I mean for others to use. My idea is to use PharoLauncher to package and
execute an image with preloaded stuff. I will check the suggestions of
Cédrick and Serge.

Thanks,

Offray

On 03/05/16 05:30, Ben Coman wrote:

> On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 8:14 AM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi all.
>>
>> I would like to made one of my images available through Pharo Launcher.
>> Anyone knows where I can find documentation about this? I can't find
>> anything on the StHub page for the project.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Offray
>>
> Do you mean for your own use? Or so others can download them using
> PharoLauncher?
> cheers -ben

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

jfabry

Maybe a silly question, but why don’t you make a 1-file download like the default options provided for Pharo 4.0 on http://pharo.org/download For example, on MacOS it gives you an .app file that you just double-click.

> On May 3, 2016, at 11:43, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> I mean for others to use. My idea is to use PharoLauncher to package and execute an image with preloaded stuff. I will check the suggestions of Cédrick and Serge.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Offray
>
> On 03/05/16 05:30, Ben Coman wrote:
>> On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 8:14 AM, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi all.
>>>
>>> I would like to made one of my images available through Pharo Launcher.
>>> Anyone knows where I can find documentation about this? I can't find
>>> anything on the StHub page for the project.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Offray
>>>
>> Do you mean for your own use? Or so others can download them using
>> PharoLauncher?
>> cheers -ben

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

Peter Uhnak

How does that play with Pharo Launcher? Can you add arbitrary images and Pharo Launcher will just manage them?

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

cedreek
If you want to reproduce the "preloaded stuff » (build one image everyday for instance), you’ll have to create first a ConfigurationOfYouApplication describing your dependencies/requirements.

Then 2 choices:
- you load the configuration in a base image and then you load from the configuration in 1 command (it can be quite quick or take some more time if for instance you need seaside).
- if it takes too much time to reproduce or if you want something more « serious », then once you ConfigurationOf is done, you can setup a job in jenkins (ci.inria.fr - first you need to create an account) so that every night, a new image is created and if no pb, it will be accessible through « Pharo Contribution Jenkins" in the Launcher.

Anyway, I think you first need to get used to ConfigurationOf…
A convenient tool in Pharo is the Versioner that is a UI around Metacello configuration (=>generating ConfigurationOf).

HTH,
Cédrik

On May 3, 2016, at 12:08, Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 4:55 PM, Johan Fabry <[hidden email]> wrote:

Maybe a silly question, but why don’t you make a 1-file download like the default options provided for Pharo 4.0 on http://pharo.org/download For example, on MacOS it gives you an .app file that you just double-click.

How does that play with Pharo Launcher? Can you add arbitrary images and Pharo Launcher will just manage them?

No idea, sorry. This is an alternative to Pharo Launcher, I do not know how (if?) it would combine with the launcher.

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Hi Johan,

At this moment I would like the quickest alternative, and maybe what you
propose is the path to follow. I have downloaded the Windows and Mac
bundles. I imagine that creating my own variant would mean to change the
pharo binary, image, sources and changes file in each of them to provide
the versions that support the development version of Moose 6, that I'm
using now.

After that I'll try  a better approach using Pharo Launcher.

Cheers,

Offray

On 03/05/16 09:55, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Maybe a silly question, but why don’t you make a 1-file download like the default options provided for Pharo 4.0 on http://pharo.org/download For example, on MacOS it gives you an .app file that you just double-click.
>
>> On May 3, 2016, at 11:43, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Ben,
>>
>> I mean for others to use. My idea is to use PharoLauncher to package and execute an image with preloaded stuff. I will check the suggestions of Cédrick and Serge.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Offray
>>
>> On 03/05/16 05:30, Ben Coman wrote:

>>> Do you mean for your own use? Or so others can download them using
>>> PharoLauncher?
>>> cheers -ben
>>>

> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>
> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

jfabry
Hola,

A thought: you can probably just open an image of a working version of yours and do a save-as inside the bundle or zip, overwriting the image that is there.

> On May 3, 2016, at 14:03, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Johan,
>
> At this moment I would like the quickest alternative, and maybe what you propose is the path to follow. I have downloaded the Windows and Mac bundles. I imagine that creating my own variant would mean to change the pharo binary, image, sources and changes file in each of them to provide the versions that support the development version of Moose 6, that I'm using now.
>
> After that I'll try  a better approach using Pharo Launcher.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Offray
>
> On 03/05/16 09:55, Johan Fabry wrote:
>> Maybe a silly question, but why don’t you make a 1-file download like the default options provided for Pharo 4.0 on http://pharo.org/download For example, on MacOS it gives you an .app file that you just double-click.
>>
>>> On May 3, 2016, at 11:43, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ben,
>>>
>>> I mean for others to use. My idea is to use PharoLauncher to package and execute an image with preloaded stuff. I will check the suggestions of Cédrick and Serge.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Offray

>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>
>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas-2
Yes, that would be nice and easier, but I don't know if we have a
prepackaged version of Moose 6 for Windows, Linux y Mac or where I can
get it. Pointers anyone?

Cheers,

Offray

On 03/05/16 12:33, Johan Fabry wrote:

> Hola,
>
> A thought: you can probably just open an image of a working version of yours and do a save-as inside the bundle or zip, overwriting the image that is there.
>
>> On May 3, 2016, at 14:03, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Johan,
>>
>> At this moment I would like the quickest alternative, and maybe what you propose is the path to follow. I have downloaded the Windows and Mac bundles. I imagine that creating my own variant would mean to change the pharo binary, image, sources and changes file in each of them to provide the versions that support the development version of Moose 6, that I'm using now.
>>
>> After that I'll try  a better approach using Pharo Launcher.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Offray
>>
>> On 03/05/16 09:55, Johan Fabry wrote:
>>> Maybe a silly question, but why don’t you make a 1-file download like the default options provided for Pharo 4.0 on http://pharo.org/download For example, on MacOS it gives you an .app file that you just double-click.

>>> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>>>
>>> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
>>> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile
>>>

> ---> Save our in-boxes! http://emailcharter.org <---
>
> Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
> PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

Peter Uhnak
> prepackaged version of Moose 6 for Windows, Linux y Mac

Moose is just Pharo image + changes; you can use the same Moose image on all platforms. And moose is just installed on top of Pharo 5 image (it's just a bunch of commands executed on top of Pharo 5 image https://ci.inria.fr/moose/job/moose-6.0/lastSuccessfulBuild/console )

So you can do it by hand, which is easy, you can download the VMs and sources here http://files.pharo.org/get-files/50/ and just copy there the moose image.

I have a bundler that can take a Pharo image and create distribution for each platform together with the correct vm and platform-specific launchers, but I don't really have time right now to clean it up and make it generic (it's for one of my projects)… unless you can wait until after May 15. But you can probably write it yourself… it's a bunch of bash, makefiles, C, cross-compilation, and AppleScript. :)

Peter

<[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all.

I would like to made one of my images available through Pharo Launcher.
Anyone knows where I can find documentation about this? I can't find
anything on the StHub page for the project.

Thanks,

Offray

Do you mean for your own use? Or so others can download them using
PharoLauncher?
cheers -ben

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Johan Fabry   -   http://pleiad.cl/~jfabry
PLEIAD and RyCh labs  -  Computer Science Department (DCC)  -  University of Chile

Re: Documentation about Pharo Launcher?

Damien Cassou-2
Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas <[hidden email]> writes:

> I would like to made one of my images available through Pharo
> Launcher. Anyone knows where I can find documentation about this? I
> can't find anything on the StHub page for the project.

I agree with both Serge and Cédrick. Their solution is easy and the best
practice for any Pharo development (regardless of the launcher):

- write a ConfigurationOf using Versionner

- add a job to https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/ (just create an
  account at http://ci.inria.fr and request to join pharo-contribution).

As soon as the job builds successfully, you will see it in the Launcher.

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

losing enthusiasm." --Winston Churchill

Web browsing automation

Grigory Hatsevich
Suppose I have a web page with 50 small photos; when I click on a photo,
appears a window where I can further click on a link to open a full
profile of the person on a photo. I need to open a full profile for every
person in that page, each in a separate browser tab. How can I automate
this clicking, so that I would not need to click at every link manually?
Does Pharo have tools for such tasks?

Re: Web browsing automation

Peter Uhnak
As far as I know:

Pharo has event recorder that helps automate within image… however the bigger problem here is interaction with the environment, which is a big problem cross-platform.

This is all assuming that you _must_ click on it and you can't just retrieve-html/parse/extract/download/repeat which is doable in Pharo with Zinc and some non-validating parser.

If you don't find anything, you can take a look at PyAutoGUI https://pyautogui.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ (or xdotool on linux).

I believe Kilon worked on some python bindings from Pharo? It would be interesting to ask him what was that exactly… maybe it could be connected to this lib.

Peter

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 1:04 PM, Grigory Hatsevich <[hidden email]> wrote:
Suppose I have a web page with 50 small photos; when I click on a photo, appears a window where I can further click on a link to open a full profile of the person on a photo. I need to open a full profile for every person in that page, each in a separate browser tab. How can I automate this clicking, so that I would not need to click at every link manually? Does Pharo have tools for such tasks?

Re: Web browsing automation

kilon.alios
My project is basically a unification of python and pharo by allowing pharo to use python libraries. That means that one would have to have knowledge of python and the python library used.

Its a simple socket bridge with which pharo can communicate with python and say "hey python do this for me and return me the result".

This problem seems to me to be more suitable for BeautifulSoup

https://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/bs4/doc/

which has been ported to Pharo

but it seems to no longer be in SmalltalkHub I can only find it here

http://www.squeaksource.com/@-SEx5I4XPThwdDpe/-yS8D9eS

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 2:12 PM Peter Uhnák <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I think you have several possibilities :
  1. testing user interactions by real click automations: don’t know what is up todays but there were Albatross back in 2006 [1] or SeasideTesting [2]. Probably, there are other options.
  2. Simulate client requests programmatically. You could do that in Zinc quite easily if you know the different url. Have a look at the book « Enterprise Pharo »   [3]
  3. BeautifulSoup is called Soup and is accessible through the catalog or SmalltalkHub [5]. Works well (note to pharoers: but I think that be nice to have an interface like scrappy instead).

Now, as you say "Its a simple socket bridge with which pharo can communicate with python and say "hey python do this for me and return me the result ».
I’d say the second option with Zinc seems to be the best approach, start with the chapter about client but you’ll probably need the server chapter so as to get bidirectional connections. My guess… and interesting project btw :)

HTH,
Cédrik

[1] http://scg.unibe.ch/archive/projects/Brue06a.pdf
[2] http://www.shaffer-consulting.com/david/Seaside/TestingComponents/TestingComponents.html
[3] http://files.pharo.org/books/enterprise-pharo/
[4] https://ci.inria.fr/pharo-contribution/job/EnterprisePharoBook/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/book-result/Zinc-HTTP-Client/Zinc-HTTP-Client.html
[5]  http://www.smalltalkhub.com/#!/~PharoExtras/Soup

Re: Web browsing automation

cedreek
Soup is quite easy to use (event if I would prefer an API that uses jQuery/CSS likes navigation selectors.

Easier way is doing it interactively (in a debugger).

Just to give an example so that you can start quickly, I just did something to scrap info from this web site db-ip.

Info is in a table and I want its content:

https://db-ip.com/8.8.8.8

So here is the sample code (soup has lots of examples too):

self cache   ''a dictionary to avoid scrapping again''
at: anIPString
ifAbsent: [
soup := Soup fromUrl: 'https://db-ip.com/', anIPString.
soupTable := soup findAllTags: 'table'.   "ensure size =1"
geolocDict := Dictionary new.
soupTable first childTagsDo: [ :tag |
geolocDict
at: (tag children first next contents)
put: (tag children second next contents)
].
self cache at: anIPString put: geolocDict].

Cheers,
Cédrik
12