Does FFI support WideStrings?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi. Someone pointed out here: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5212790/unicode-characters-in-a-smalltalk-ffi-call-to-opendbx/
a problem while using WideStrings with FFI. FFI throws a "Could not coerce arguments".  Is this because of the usage of WideString?
what we should use instead (I know that ByteString works) ?  can we fix FFI so that it supports WideStrings?

thanks

Mariano

Re: Does FFI support WideStrings?

Panu Suominen
As far as I know strings should be encoded using common
representation. I doubt that
wide strings are not supported on the "other" side. After all strings
are just bunch of bytes
without common encoding on reading and writing sides they don't mean anything.
There is partial support for specifying encoding using
#encodingStrategy: -method
in DBXConnectionSettings. I answered at the stack overflow.

Panu