Does SystemRepository listInstances: ( Array with SomeClass) find absolutely all the instances of SomeClass in a Gemstone database?

Does SystemRepository listInstances: ( Array with SomeClass) find absolutely all the instances of SomeClass in a Gemstone database?

Kevin Szabo-2
I am having trouble finding a rogue object that seems to be hanging out in my database.

I'm pretty sure there is instance of a class hanging out in my database (it and its brethren periodically wake up and mess things around) but for the life of me I cannot find it.

In a Smalltalk world I used to do 'SomeClass allIInstances'.  Is this what "SystemRepository listInstances" does, or do I have to loop over segments as well?

Thanks,
Kevin Szabo

Archive: http://forum.world.st/Gemstone-Customers-f1461796.html

Re: Does SystemRepository listInstances: ( Array with SomeClass) find absolutely all the instances of SomeClass in a Gemstone database?

Jonas Bjelkerud
You might need to list instances of each version of your class, if there are multiple class versions in GS, and not all instances are migrated.

SomeClass versionHistory do: [:cv |
  "SystemRepository listInstances..."]

Jonas Bjelkerud
99743865

Den 22. des. 2012 kl. 09:43 skrev "Kevin Szabo" <[hidden email]>:

> I am having trouble finding a rogue object that seems to be hanging out in my database.
>
> I'm pretty sure there is instance of a class hanging out in my database (it and its brethren periodically wake up and mess things around) but for the life of me I cannot find it.
>
> In a Smalltalk world I used to do 'SomeClass allIInstances'.  Is this what "SystemRepository listInstances" does, or do I have to loop over segments as well?
>
> Thanks,
> Kevin Szabo
Archive: http://forum.world.st/Gemstone-Customers-f1461796.html

Re: Does SystemRepository listInstances: ( Array with SomeClass) find absolutely all the instances of SomeClass in a Gemstone database?

Jonas Bjelkerud
The listInstances API (or something further in) also accepts a list of class versions to find instances of.

(On vacation now)

Jonas Bjelkerud