Does anyone have an old Mac image they can share?

Does anyone have an old Mac image they can share?

David T. Lewis
Does anyone have an image that was saved from an old Mac that they could
share with me? I am looking for any image, any version, just as long as the
image was saved from a big-endian machine such as a pre-Intel Macintosh.

I can't find any big-ender images on files.squeak.org, but maybe I am looking
in the wrong place.

Background: I am experimenting with image snapshots in network byte ordering
(which happens to be big-endian) and I want to find out if problems that I
am seeing are caused by a regression in the classic VM.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Does anyone have an old Mac image they can share?

timrowledge

> On 02-08-2018, at 4:55 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I can't find any big-ender images on files.squeak.org, but maybe I am looking
> in the wrong place.

That surprises me since the very early images were all released from Macs, probably.

tim
"Bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet pressed <START> on the Microwave...

On Thu, Aug 02, 2018 at 05:11:15PM -0700, tim Rowledge wrote:

> > On 02-08-2018, at 4:55 PM, David T. Lewis <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > I can't find any big-ender images on files.squeak.org, but maybe I am looking
> > in the wrong place.
>
> That surprises me since the very early images were all released from Macs, probably.
>
> tim

<blush>

Sorry, please disregard. Can I plead endian dislexia?

Sorry for the noise.

Dave

Re: Does anyone have an old Mac image they can share?

Edgar De Cleene
I have a running G4 which run some images until 4.5 with JMM old stack.
No idea which one could be suited for you, so explain more.

Edgar
@morplenauta

On 02/08/2018, 20:55, "David T. Lewis" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Does anyone have an image that was saved from an old Mac that they could
share
> with me? I am looking for any image, any version, just as long as the
image
> was saved from a big-endian machine such as a pre-Intel Macintosh.

I can't
> find any big-ender images on files.squeak.org, but maybe I am looking
in the
> wrong place.

Background: I am experimenting with image snapshots in network
> byte ordering
(which happens to be big-endian) and I want to find out if
> problems that I
am seeing are caused by a regression in the classic
> VM.

Thanks,
Dave

Re: Does anyone have an old Mac image they can share?

David T. Lewis
Thank you Edgar,

I found the images that I was looking for on files.squeak.org, so I have
what I need now.

I was just double checking that I had not introduced a bug in the interpreter
VM, and I mis-read the header bytes in the images that I was looking at.

All good, thank you.
Dave