Does anyone know Spec?

Steve Quezadas
I created a simple listbox. It looks like this:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/steverstuff/items.png

If I hit a specific selection, say "Item B", how can I make smalltalk run an arbitrary piece of code? (ie: "Transcript show: 'got here'").

Method "whenSelectedItemChanged" should, in theory, do this. It is mentioned in the [[https://benjamin.vanryseghem.com/projects/spec/docs/example/#protocolList][spec]] tutorial, but for some reason it's not executing.

Did a new verion of spec change things since the documentation was written? There doesn't seem to be a spec community where I can ask the question.

Re: Does anyone know Spec?

EstebanLM
Hi,

You need to use
- whenActivatedDo: or
- whenSelectionChangedDo:

Both are conceptually different but depending on your selection of activateOnSingleClick or activateOnDoubleClick you can control what to do.

(Which reminds me we still need a forced double click action inclusive when activated in single click: sometimes you have one action on single click and a different one on double click).

Esteban