Does anyone know if OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename: works under Linux?

Does anyone know if OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename: works under Linux?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Friends,

I want to read a value from an .ini file with:

OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename:

I would like it to work with both Windows and Linux.  Is Linux going to give me any love here?

Lou

Re: Does anyone know if OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename: works under Linux?

Seth Berman
Hi Lou,

No, that maps to a windows function defined in kernel.dll. GetPrivateProfileString

-- Seth

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 10:32:06 AM UTC-5, Louis LaBrunda wrote:
Hi Friends,

I want to read a value from an .ini file with:

OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename:

I would like it to work with both Windows and Linux.  Is Linux going to give me any love here?

Lou

Re: Does anyone know if OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename: works under Linux?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Seth,

Thanks for the info.  Actually, I moved on to "System iniFileGetContentsArray:" which I'm hoping will work under both windows and Linux.  What do you think.

Lou

Re: Does anyone know if OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename: works under Linux?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 12:04:06 PM UTC-8, Seth Berman wrote:
Hi Lou,

No, that maps to a windows function defined in kernel.dll. <a href="https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724353%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&amp;MSPPError=-2147217396" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" onmousedown="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fmsdn.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Flibrary%2Fwindows%2Fdesktop%2Fms724353%2528v%3Dvs.85%2529.aspx%3Ff%3D255%26MSPPError%3D-2147217396\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEgR9JicBQTPGgLjsUmi8gLxfuVTA&#39;;return true;" onclick="this.href=&#39;https://www.google.com/url?q\75https%3A%2F%2Fmsdn.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Flibrary%2Fwindows%2Fdesktop%2Fms724353%2528v%3Dvs.85%2529.aspx%3Ff%3D255%26MSPPError%3D-2147217396\46sa\75D\46sntz\0751\46usg\75AFQjCNEgR9JicBQTPGgLjsUmi8gLxfuVTA&#39;;return true;">GetPrivateProfileString

It is possible that it would work with Wine, but that's wild speculation. If it would, it would also probably require you to jump through a few hoops ("DLL" binding being the least of them).

-- Seth

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 10:32:06 AM UTC-5, Louis LaBrunda wrote:
Hi Friends,

I want to read a value from an .ini file with:

OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename:

I would like it to work with both Windows and Linux.  Is Linux going to give me any love here?

Lou

Re: Does anyone know if OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename: works under Linux?

Seth Berman
Hi Lou,

That works fine...but that is the specific ini file (i.e. abt.ini) that is associated with the image.  I was thinking you wanted to point to some arbitrary ini file and parse it.
You can certainly add whatever you want to the ini file...so if you don't care which ini file...then that should work

-- Seth

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 3:15:29 PM UTC-5, Louis LaBrunda wrote:
Hi Seth,

Thanks for the info.  Actually, I moved on to "System iniFileGetContentsArray:" which I'm hoping will work under both windows and Linux.  What do you think.

Lou

Re: Does anyone know if OSCall>getPrivateProfileString:lpszEntry:lpszDefault:lpszReturnBuffer:cbReturnBuffer:lpszFilename: works under Linux?

Louis LaBrunda
Hi Seth,

I'm happy with having to add the info to the system ini file, especially if I don't have to point to and parse a separate file.

This is for a side project to our LibUSB project.  I will tell you about it tomorrow.

Lou