Does anyone know of a recorded demo showing off ENVY?

Does anyone know of a recorded demo showing off ENVY?

Richard Sargent
Administrator
The subject says it all. A colleague has heard positive things of ENVY and wants to get a sense of how it works in practice.

Thanks,
Richard

Re: Does anyone know of a recorded demo showing off ENVY?

SebastianHC
Hi Richard,

the way I show ENVY is usually a pure VASmalltalk introduction with some
calculator-sample-debugger-development. Then I usually turn off the
computer and guys are  amazed enough when I can rellocate and load the
just lost stuff.

Also changing the GUI releasing any state and going back to another
previously unreleased state is a good way to show the difference to
other repositories.

Any my favorite, since it saved my bud quite often, is the sick or
disappeared colleague simulation.

Implement some stuff, don't release it. Delete your imae, setup a new
one and search, configure and load the "lost" stuff....
May include the usage of version control comments, or not.

Sebastian