Does not understand Dictionary #add: and Dictionary #at:put: v0.14.3

Does not understand Dictionary #add: and Dictionary #at:put: v0.14.3

EuanM
I was  trying to use amber-language.net as a sort of jsfiddle for Smalltalk

with an example using a Dictionary, as a simple cross-Smalltalk example

Dictionary #add:
and
Dictionary #at:put:
came up as Dictionary does not understand ...

I'm about to add this to the bug/feature tracker  but I'm interested to know
Is this 'on the plan, but just not implemented yet' or a 'we've taken a design decision to do these things another way'?

Re: Does not understand Dictionary #add: and Dictionary #at:put: v0.14.3

Herby Vojčík

Euan M. wrote:
> I was  trying to use amber-language.net as a sort of jsfiddle for
> Smalltalk
>
> with an example using a Dictionary, as a simple cross-Smalltalk example
>
> Dictionary #add:
> and
> Dictionary #at:put:
> came up as Dictionary does not understand ...

I tried

|x|
x := Dictionary new.
x add: 'foo'->'bar'.
x at: 'baz' put: 'quux'.

in amber-lang.net in the workspace and PrintIt yielded

 a Dictionary ('foo' -> 'bar' , 'baz' -> 'quux')

So, afaict, it works.

ore options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.