Does special delay scheduler class is still needed for OSSubprocess?

Does special delay scheduler class is still needed for OSSubprocess?

Denis Kudriashov
Hi.

I found that baseline of OSSubprocess project modifies delay scheduler class.
Is it still needed?
Is it related to itimer heartbeat VM issues?

Re: Does special delay scheduler class is still needed for OSSubprocess?

Max Leske
Hi Denis

Mariano is currently deciding what to do with it. See issue https://pharo.fogbugz.com/f/cases/20044/DelayMillisecondScheduler-leads-to-UI-lockup

Cheers,
Max

On 16 May 2017, at 14:29, Denis Kudriashov <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi.

I found that baseline of OSSubprocess project modifies delay scheduler class.
Is it still needed?
Is it related to itimer heartbeat VM issues?

Re: Does special delay scheduler class is still needed for OSSubprocess?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Hi Denis,

Yes, Max Leske was saying the same thing. Problem is that I changed the scheduled on purpose. See https://github.com/marianopeck/OSSubprocess/issues/19  and see the 2 links mentioned on top.

So... I can undo this change but I suspect I will encounter again the original one that lead me to this issue. However, as I said to Max, maybe the "original" problem is already fixed...

We can do a new release with the undo of this scheduler change and give it a try. What do you think?

yes, why not

But does original issue was related to itimer VM problems or not?

Re: Does special delay scheduler class is still needed for OSSubprocess?

Mariano Martinez Peck
Denis, Max,

On master you can find the scheduler change rollbacked. I will soon release a new version 0.2.5 but not just yet. So as for testing purpose, give it a try with master.

Cheers,