Doing the equivalent of "fast forward" with Iceberg

Doing the equivalent of "fast forward" with Iceberg

Eliot Miranda-2

Hi All,

    I'm involved in a team project using Pharo 7.1.  I have some uncommitted changes in a package that others have committed to.  I want to pull their latest commits without overwriting mine and because my changes are incomplete I don't yet want to commit, and hence don't want to create a branch.

Can I just pull in the Pull tool without overwriting my changes?

Does this do the equivalent of git's "fast forward" if there are no conflicts?

If there are conflicts, what happens?
_,,,^..^,,,_
best, Eliot

Re: Doing the equivalent of "fast forward" with Iceberg

Max Leske

Hi Eliot,

First, save your image ;)

Then you should be able to fetch the changes from remote, if you haven't done so yet, and then merge. That should apply the changes without distroying your existing changes.
You'll also get a chance to review and select the changes that will be applied in the merge browser.

Disclaimer: I use Pharo 8 so I'm not 100% sure that all that functionality existst / works. I'm pretty confident though.

Cheers,
Max