Dollars to documentation

laurent laffont
Interesting action from the rails project: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14034

Laurent Laffont

Re: Dollars to documentation

Stéphane Ducasse
yes we should do the same!

Stef

> Interesting action from the rails project: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14034
>
> Laurent Laffont

Re: Dollars to documentation

Adrian Lienhard
A similar idea was discussed a year ago, but it never took off:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ListOfMonthlyDonators

Adrian

On Dec 4, 2010, at 13:54 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> yes we should do the same!
>
> Stef
>
>> Interesting action from the rails project: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14034
>>
>> Laurent Laffont

Re: Dollars to documentation

Stéphane Ducasse
Yes but we should retry for real.
On Dec 4, 2010, at 2:58 PM, Adrian Lienhard wrote:

> A similar idea was discussed a year ago, but it never took off:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ListOfMonthlyDonators
>
> Adrian
>
> On Dec 4, 2010, at 13:54 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>
>> yes we should do the same!
>>
>> Stef
>>
>>> Interesting action from the rails project: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14034
>>>
>>> Laurent Laffont

Re: Dollars to documentation

csrabak
This reminds me of another idea: the contribution to Pharo. Have the things being set up so companies or persons can do it via credit card?

--
Cesar Rabak

Em 04/12/2010 10:54, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:
yes we should do the same!

Stef

> Interesting action from the rails project: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14034
>
> Laurent Laffont

Re: Dollars to documentation

Stéphane Ducasse
> This reminds me of another idea: the contribution to Pharo. Have the things being set up so companies or persons can do it via credit card?

Yes I'm thinking about that. Now I do not know what would be set up.

We can already receive money via inria.
This is really simple, you can just write a letter stating that you want to sponsor pharo.

Now we would like to build a consortium with people and companies.

> --
> Cesar Rabak
>

> Em 04/12/2010 10:54, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:
> yes we should do the same!
>
> Stef
>
>> Interesting action from the rails project: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14034
>>
>> Laurent Laffont

Re: Dollars to documentation

laurent laffont
It seems pledgie.com exists for this purpose.

I've setup a campaign to see: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14095

Laurent

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Stéphane Ducasse <[hidden email]> wrote:
> This reminds me of another idea: the contribution to Pharo. Have the things being set up so companies or persons can do it via credit card?

Yes I'm thinking about that. Now I do not know what would be set up.

We can already receive money via inria.
This is really simple, you can just write a letter stating that you want to sponsor pharo.

Now we would like to build a consortium with people and companies.

> --
> Cesar Rabak
>

> Em 04/12/2010 10:54, Stéphane Ducasse < [hidden email] > escreveu:
> yes we should do the same!
>
> Stef
>
>> Interesting action from the rails project: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14034
>>
>> Laurent Laffont

Re: Dollars to documentation

laurent laffont
Indeed Flattr is an easy way to donate.

I've seen http://pharobyexample.org/ has a Flattr button. Can you tell how much it generates per month ?

For pharocasts actually I've lost 8 euro :)

Laurent

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Adrian Lienhard <[hidden email]> wrote:
A similar idea was discussed a year ago, but it never took off:

http://code.google.com/p/pharo/wiki/ListOfMonthlyDonators

Adrian

On Dec 4, 2010, at 13:54 , Stéphane Ducasse wrote:

> yes we should do the same!
>
> Stef
>
>> Interesting action from the rails project: http://pledgie.com/campaigns/14034
>>
>> Laurent Laffont

Re: Dollars to documentation

Marcus Denker-4

On Dec 5, 2010, at 10:59 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

Indeed Flattr is an easy way to donate.

I've seen http://pharobyexample.org/ has a Flattr button. Can you tell how much it generates per month ?

For pharocasts actually I've lost 8 euro :)

With the 2 EUR forced spending per month.. maybe 20 EUR proceeds in half a year.

Marcus

--
Marcus Denker  -- http://www.marcusdenker.de
INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.

On Sun, Dec 5, 2010 at 11:20 AM, Marcus Denker <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Dec 5, 2010, at 10:59 AM, laurent laffont wrote:

Indeed Flattr is an easy way to donate.

I've seen http://pharobyexample.org/ has a Flattr button. Can you tell how much it generates per month ?

For pharocasts actually I've lost 8 euro :)

With the 2 EUR forced spending per month.. maybe 20 EUR proceeds in half a year.

5 good beers, cool ! :)

Laurent

Marcus