Dolphin 4.0 installation problem

olek_siatecki
I installed yesterday nice 4.0 version. Unfortunately after I quit ST
and started again it freezes right after nice starting bitmap with
window:

HRESULT Error: Error loading /DLL. (FACILIT...

There is no more text because ST system is not responding anymore.

Fresh instalation allows me to work till I close ST system. I like
rather to find out what is going wrong with my windows then reinstall
anything.

Maybe anybody will have sugestion what to do. I have 98 ( not SE) a lot
of programs including oldie Dolphin 2.1 ( working perfectly ).

Best Regards
Aleksander Siatecki

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re: Dolphin 4.0 installation problem

olek_siatecki
> I installed yesterday nice 4.0 version. Unfortunately after I quit ST
> and started again it freezes right after nice starting bitmap with
> window:
>
> HRESULT Error: Error loading /DLL. (FACILIT...

Ha ha!

So because nobody answered my note I will share my findings. During
the day I was thinking hard what to do with my problem and come to some
possibile solutions, so first thing I made after work was to search for
latest IE in my old computer magazines. I found polish version 5.5
installed and .... it was the right decision because all my problems
magically disapear.

There is of course still danger for other poor users that will use
dophin 4.0 and will have older versions of mighty IE :-)

All the best!

P.S.

I have small theory that maybe my problem was bound with Tip of the day
window.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re: Dolphin 4.0 installation problem

Blair McGlashan
Aleksander

Do you have a 'Dolphin.errors' file in the same directory as the
Dolphin.img/sml/chg files? If so it should contain a bit more information
about what is going wrong (although it sounds like a symptom of Windows "DLL
hell" to me)

Regards

Blair

<[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:94937n$1tc$[hidden email]...

> I installed yesterday nice 4.0 version. Unfortunately after I quit ST
> and started again it freezes right after nice starting bitmap with
> window:
>
> HRESULT Error: Error loading /DLL. (FACILIT...
>
> There is no more text because ST system is not responding anymore.
>
> Fresh instalation allows me to work till I close ST system. I like
> rather to find out what is going wrong with my windows then reinstall
> anything.
>
> Maybe anybody will have sugestion what to do. I have 98 ( not SE) a lot
> of programs including oldie Dolphin 2.1 ( working perfectly ).
>
> Best Regards
> Aleksander Siatecki
>

> Sent via Deja.com
> http://www.deja.com/

Re: Dolphin 4.0 installation problem

olek_siatecki
> Do you have a 'Dolphin.errors' file in the same directory as the
> Dolphin.img/sml/chg files? If so it should contain a bit more
>information

Thank you Blair for your superfast answer! I didnt expect something
like that at all. You people at Dolphin are really customer oriented!

I checked error file as you sugested. ( Wow! didnt expect I will find
anywhere description of my problems! ) BTW I have no idea what all that
means, except that it occures many times in the error log. Is it
possibile to find exact dll that was causing problems from this
description? ( I installed today IE 5.5 and it solved this prob anyway)

Aleksander

Part of my error log:
23:27:38, 18 stycznia 2001: Unhandled exception - a HRESULTError
('HRESULT Error: Error loading type library/DLL. (FACILITY_DISPATCH)')

OLEAutLibrary(ExternalLibrary)>>invalidCall
OLEAutLibrary>>loadRegTypeLib:wVerMajor:wVerMinor:lcid:pptlib:
ITypeLib class>>load:major:minor:locale:
ITypeLib class>>fromAttributes:
AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer>>loadTypeLib
AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer>>realize
AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer>>piTypeLib
AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer>>typeInfoCount
AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer>>buildTypeAnalyzers
AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer>>typeAnalyzers
AXTypeLibraryAnalyzer>>typeAnalyzerAt:
AXTypeInfoAnalyzer class>>onTypeInfo:
IUnknown(COMInterface)>>coclassTypeInfoIfNone:
AXValueConvertingControlSite(AXControlSite)>>connectSink
AXValueConvertingControlSite(AXControlSite)
>>safeCreateControlFromStream:
AXValueConvertingControlSite(AXControlSite)>>controlBinaryStoreBytes:
MessageSend>>value
[] in AXValueConvertingControlSite(View)>>state:
OrderedCollection>>do:
MessageSequence>>do:

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re: Dolphin 4.0 installation problem

Bill Schwab-2
Hi Blair,

> Do you have a 'Dolphin.errors' file in the same directory as the
> Dolphin.img/sml/chg files? If so it should contain a bit more information
> about what is going wrong (although it sounds like a symptom of Windows
"DLL
> hell" to me)

FWIW, I'd be interested in knowing whether rebooting allows it to start
again, or whether it really requires a new install - not that I'd know what
to do with that information once I had it :)   Early on with 4.0, I noticed
that a panic early in the image's life (which as of 4.0, I no longer find
the need to do because of changes to the transcript) didn't work until I
saved the image and the restarted it.  Could this be something similar?
Perhaps Aleksander is doing too much in the default image.

Completely off the wall: could this be related to the cached VM address
problem???  Until yesterday, I thought that always gave the same symptoms,
but, now I can add a blue screen to the list, so I guess anything's
possible.

Have a good one,

Bill

--