Dolphin 5.0 installation problems with normal user

Dolphin 5.0 installation problems with normal user

Carsten Haerle
I installed Dolphin 5.0 on a machine with administrator account and
now want to use it without being an adminstrator. There are two
problems:

1) When I click on "(fresh install)" Dolphin always asks for the serial
number.

2) After decompressing/ decoding the image I always get an "access denied"
dialog box.

How can this be fixed?

Another thing: when will be the Dolphin 5.0 documentation be ready?

Regards

Carsten Haerle

Re: Dolphin 5.0 installation problems with normal user

Blair McGlashan
Carsten

You wrote in message news:3d3d72b9$0$26983$[hidden email]...

> I installed Dolphin 5.0 on a machine with administrator account and
> now want to use it without being an adminstrator. There are two
> problems:
>
> 1) When I click on "(fresh install)" Dolphin always asks for the serial
> number.
>
> 2) After decompressing/ decoding the image I always get an "access denied"
> dialog box.
>
> How can this be fixed?

What OS are you using, and what type of account? Power user rights are
needed to run a Dolphin installation - I believe this is the default for
Windows where users are not power-users, and the old "Users" are "Restricted
Users". Of course I may have this the wrong way round.

Since the installation is failing at the end, however, I suspect it may be
something to do with access rights to the drive. The installation needs to
be able to create directories and write to both the 'Program Files'
hierarchy, and under the users 'My Documents'.

Regards

Blair

Re: Dolphin 5.0 installation problems with normal user

Blair McGlashan
"Blair McGlashan" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:ahre5f$ut3hf$[hidden email]...
>..... I believe this is the default for
> Windows where users are not power-users, and the old "Users" are
"Restricted
> Users".

Sorry, that should have been:  I believe this is the default for Windows XP
where "Users" are power users, and the old "Users" are "Restrictured Users".

Blair

Re: Dolphin 5.0 installation problems with normal user

Christopher J. Demers
Carsten Härle <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:3d3d72b9$0$26983$[hidden email]...
> I installed Dolphin 5.0 on a machine with administrator account and
> now want to use it without being an adminstrator. There are two
> problems:

If Dolphin works for the admin account try just running Dolphin.EXE with the
image as a parameter from the user accounts.  I did this and it seems to
work for me.  You can drag the image (*.img) file over the EXE to test, and
then make a shortcut to it with the image path as a parameter if it works.

Chris