Dolphin 6.0

Benoit St-Jean-3
Hello everyone,

First thing, BIG BIG thanks and "Bravo!" to the guys at ObjectArts...
English not being my first language, I could only think of one word to
express the joy and pleasure I had when using D6 for the first time: Wow!

Did notice 2 little bugs though.

1) The installation, for some reason, makes WinXP hang during shutdown
on my machine (Windows XP, Home Edition, Service Pack 2).  But
everything works fine so far...

2) Tips of the day doesn't show up ("The page cannot be displayed"
message) when the image doesn't have the default name (I saved it under
MyImage.img)

P.S.  I first fell in love with VisualWorks (actually ObjectWorks!), got
my paycheck using VisualAge, had fun and experimented with Squeak but
now I can do all that with Dolphin 6.0

:)

Re: Dolphin 6.0

Andy Bower-3
Benoit,

> First thing, BIG BIG thanks and "Bravo!" to the guys at ObjectArts...
> English not being my first language, I could only think of one word
> to express the joy and pleasure I had when using D6 for the first
> time: Wow!

Thanks.

> Did notice 2 little bugs though.

Can you report bugs directly at: www.object-arts.co.uk using the
Support page, "Report an Issue" form. First check to see if the problem
has been reported before using the two lists, "Current Release Notes"
and "Current Beta Outstanding Issues". Ideally you should also post
them to the newsgroup too (as you have already done).

> 1) The installation, for some reason, makes WinXP hang during
> shutdown on my machine (Windows XP, Home Edition, Service Pack 2).
> But everything works fine so far...

Hmm.. presumably you mean the shutdown immediately following running
the setup program?  I don't think anyone else has seen this so far.

> 2) Tips of the day doesn't show up ("The page cannot be displayed"
> message) when the image doesn't have the default name (I saved it
> under MyImage.img)

Yes, this has already been reported as #1748.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support