Dolphin 6 Taster - IdeaSpace

Andy Bower-3
Folks,

As promised, here is a taster for one of the new features in Dolphin 6
- the IdeaSpace.

http://www.object-arts.com/downloads/6.0/intros/ideaspaceintro.htm

This is a Flash movie (of about 2.5Mb) and you'll need sound to hear
the narration and make any sense of it at all.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: Dolphin 6 Taster - IdeaSpace

Schwab,Wilhelm K
Andy,

> This is a Flash movie (of about 2.5Mb) and you'll need sound to hear
> the narration and make any sense of it at all.

Nice!  What happens with two or more idea spaces?  Is there a way to
tell one to be active (like change sets), or does the system decide
which space to use from the parent space of the tools in use?

One small suggestion: the tabs look a little large, though I suspect you
are still way ahead on the clutter reduction front.  I'd have settled
for the unpinning feature :)

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Dolphin 6 Taster - IdeaSpace

Hockenberry
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Dolphin 6 Taster - IdeaSpace

rush
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> Folks,
>
> As promised, here is a taster for one of the new features in Dolphin 6
> - the IdeaSpace.

nice!

Anayway, I am afraid this demo movie will only mount some more  the pressure
to get our hands on the goods :)

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/
http://www.folderscavenger.com/

Re: Dolphin 6 Taster - IdeaSpace

rush
"Bill Schwab" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:d43g9u$1c10$[hidden email]...
> Nice!  What happens with two or more idea spaces?  Is there a way to
> tell one to be active (like change sets), or does the system decide
> which space to use from the parent space of the tools in use?

My speculation is that tool opens in idea space if you click on its toolbar
icon _inside_ idea space. so you could have a few idea spaces, and the tool
would open inside the ideaspace on which tool bar you have clicked. However,
if you click on the tool in for instance Dolphin main window, it would open
than standalone as it does now. Same thing if you click on the toolbar icon
of some standalone tool. Now it would be very nice if stnadalone tool window
could be draged and droped over the IdeaSpace.

rush
--
http://www.templatetamer.com/
http://www.folderscavenger.com/

Re: Dolphin 6 Taster - IdeaSpace

Christopher J. Demers
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...

> As promised, here is a taster for one of the new features in Dolphin 6
> - the IdeaSpace.

Thanks for the taste.  It was yummy!  The IdeaSpace looks like a neat idea.
I sometimes have more than 30 tool windows open at once.  Sometimes I am
working in different areas, and sometimes I just have a lot of browsers open
for reference purposes.  So long as I can have multiple independent Idea
Spaces I think it is a great idea.  I am really looking forward to playing
with the new version.

Chris

Re: Dolphin 6 Taster - IdeaSpace

Sean Malloy-10
> http://www.object-arts.com/downloads/6.0/intros/ideaspaceintro.htm
>
> This is a Flash movie (of about 2.5Mb) and you'll need sound to hear
> the narration and make any sense of it at all.

Wow. Probably my biggest complaint with Dolphin is it's easy to sort of lose
your place between windows, and forget where you are at.

Pinning/hiding views is really cool too. A nice way to simplify views.

 From what I've seen so far, it's even better than I imagined

Re: Dolphin 6 Taster - IdeaSpace

Andy Bower-3
Bill,

> > Nice!  What happens with two or more idea spaces?  Is there a way to
> > tell one to be active (like change sets), or does the system decide
> > which space to use from the parent space of the tools in use?
>
> My speculation is that tool opens in idea space if you click on its
> toolbar icon inside idea space. so you could have a few idea spaces,
> and the tool would open inside the ideaspace on which tool bar you
> have clicked. However, if you click on the tool in for instance
> Dolphin main window, it would open than standalone as it does now.
> Same thing if you click on the toolbar icon of some standalone tool.
> Now it would be very nice if stnadalone tool window could be draged
> and droped over the IdeaSpace.

Rush explains it perfectly; this is exactly how it works. We were going
to have the ability to detach/attact tools from/to the IdeaSpace but
that feature didn't make "the cut". Maybe a future enhancement.

Bill: the icons will be slightly smaller than they appear in the demo.
Of course it's fairly easy to configure them how you like.

talios@gmail.com
Andy Bower wrote:

>http://www.object-arts.com/downloads/6.0/intros/ideaspaceintro.htm

Looking impressive.   The tabs look a little huge thou ( I see others
have commented on this already ).