Dolphin 6 Upgrade Policy

Andy Bower-3
Folks,

We are receiving a fair number of e-mail enquiries regarding the
upgrade policy for Dolphin 6 when it becomes available.

While we have not currently set the pricing for the new product (old
hands will know that we rarely do this until just before release when
we scribble a few numbers on the back of an envelope) it is likely that
the release will be sometime after the end of May this year.

In the meantime we have decided that all Dolphin 5 users who have
purchased the full product or upgrade after the start of 2004 will be
afforded the opportunity to upgrade to D6 at only the difference in
price. Hence if you purchase D5 Pro now at $349.95 and the equivalent
D6 product is $399.95 (remember, the new prices have not yet been set)
then you will only need to pay the $50 difference.

Hopefully this will address the concerns of those people who are
considering purchasing Dolphin right now but are wondering whether it
might be better to wait for the release of D6 before doing so.

Best regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
www.object-arts.com

Re: Dolphin 6 Upgrade Policy

Christopher J. Demers
"Andy Bower" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> We are receiving a fair number of e-mail enquiries regarding the
> upgrade policy for Dolphin 6 when it becomes available.
>
> While we have not currently set the pricing for the new product (old
> hands will know that we rarely do this until just before release when
> we scribble a few numbers on the back of an envelope) it is likely that
> the release will be sometime after the end of May this year.

I recall that you had previously mentioned that you might be introducing the
concept of a service period that would allow access to beta versions of
Dolphin.  I am curious if that would also start in May, or if there might be
an earlier beta available?

I recently received a DVD pitch for a genetic algorithms book.  I have
watched part of the DVD, and it has piqued my curiosity about genetic
algorithms.  I understand that Dolphin 6 will include a g.a. lab.  That
sounds like it would be fun to play with.

Chris