Dolphin Printing

acg

Dolphin Printing

acg
Hello everyone
  I need some help sending the content of a text pane, such as the Transcriopt
workspace content  to the default  printer. I want to do something like "Print"
menu choice in ST/V or "Hardcopy" in VW. So far I've got..
  | p |
   p := PrinterCanvas choose. "show the default dialog"
   p startDoc; startPage.
   p text: 'hello' at: 10 @ 10.
   p endDoc; endPage.

But need help sending any textpane content to the printer.

Thanks

Andrew

Re: Dolphin Printing

Andy Bower
Andrew,

>   I need some help sending the content of a text pane, such as the
Transcriopt
> workspace content  to the default  printer. I want to do something like
"Print"
> menu choice in ST/V or "Hardcopy" in VW. So far I've got..
>   | p |
>    p := PrinterCanvas choose. "show the default dialog"
>    p startDoc; startPage.
>    p text: 'hello' at: 10 @ 10.
>    p endDoc; endPage.
>
> But need help sending any textpane content to the printer.

Take a look at Ian Bartholomew's Printer goodie:

http://www.iandb.org.uk/goodies2/printer.htm

Indeed, Ian's website contains so much good stuff that no Dolphin programmer
should be anything less than a frequent visitor:

http://www.iandb.org.uk/

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Dolphin Support
http://www.object-arts.com

---
Visit the Dolphin Smalltalk WikiWeb
http://www.object-arts.com/wiki/html/Dolphin/FrontPage.htm
---

Re: Dolphin Printing

Ian Bartholomew
Andrew,

"AndrewGinMD" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
>   I need some help sending the content of a text pane, such as the
Transcriopt
> workspace content  to the default  printer. I want to do something like
"Print"
> menu choice in ST/V or "Hardcopy" in VW. So far I've got..
[]
> But need help sending any textpane content to the printer.

There are goodies available from my web site that provide some printing
capabilities for Dolphin. The D2 and D4 versions provide it in separate
"Printer" packages but in D3 I've included it as part of "RichText".

http://www.iandb.org.uk

Ian

acg

Re: Dolphin Printing

acg
> need help sending any textpane content to the printer.
>
>There are goodies available from my web site that provide some printing
>capabilities for Dolphin. The D2 and D4 versions provide it in separate
>"Printer" packages but in D3 I've included it as part of "RichText".

Thanks...
ACG