Dolphin at OOPSLA 2002

Andy Bower
Folks,

For those of you attending OOPSLA in Seattle this year you may be interested
in the following appearance of your favourite programming system (yes, I do
mean Dolphin Smalltalk). We've arranged to present the following
demonstration:

www.object-arts.com/oopsla/Demo2002.htm

The provisional times are Thursday 12:00-12:45 and Friday 11:00-11:45 in the
demonstration areas off the main exhibition hall 4A. Note: these times are
not currently published in the online OOPSLA programme but we hope that they
will be in due course.

Part of the demonstration will consist of Blair McGlashan "pair-programming"
in Dolphin XP with a robot dog as his partner. Most of you will probably
know that I am normally used to pairing with Blair but, more recently, we
have found that the robot is more tolerant of his belligerent nature than I
am. For Blair's part, he finds the dog's conversation to be somewhat less
inane than mine so all-in-all everyone is happy. Oh and BTW, in case you're
wondering, the dog is pleased to do anything rather than play "fetch the
ball".

Best Regards,

Andy Bower
Object Arts Ltd.
http://www.object-arts.com
---
Are you trying too hard?
http://www.object-arts.com/Relax.htm
---

Re: Dolphin at OOPSLA 2002

Steve Alan Waring
Its not quite up to a talking dog, but I have uploaded a new version of the
Smalllint Browser which includes a Class Lint BrowserPlugin at:

    http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/projects/goodies/smallLintBrowser.html

Good luck at OOPSLA, your talk sounds fun. Any chance that those of us who
are not going to be at OOPSLA can hear more about AIBO the pair programming
dog?

Steve

==========
Steve Waring
[hidden email]
http://www.dolphinharbor.org/dh/harbor/steve.html

Re: Dolphin at OOPSLA 2002

Bill Schwab
Andy,

> Part of the demonstration will consist of Blair McGlashan
"pair-programming"
> in Dolphin XP with a robot dog as his partner. Most of you will probably
> know that I am normally used to pairing with Blair but, more recently, we
> have found that the robot is more tolerant of his belligerent nature than
> am. For Blair's part, he finds the dog's conversation to be somewhat less
> inane than mine so all-in-all everyone is happy. Oh and BTW, in case
you're
> wondering, the dog is pleased to do anything rather than play "fetch the
> ball".

This sounds great, but does one sometimes return home to find Java
applets<g> all over the floor?

Good luck at OOPSLA!

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Dolphin at OOPSLA 2002

Joseph Pelrine-5
Bill Schwab wrote:
Andy,

Part of the demonstration will consist of Blair McGlashan
"pair-programming"
in Dolphin XP with a robot dog as his partner. Most of you will probably
know that I am normally used to pairing with Blair but, more recently, we
have found that the robot is more tolerant of his belligerent nature than
am. For Blair's part, he finds the dog's conversation to be somewhat less
inane than mine so all-in-all everyone is happy. Oh and BTW, in case
you're
wondering, the dog is pleased to do anything rather than play "fetch the
ball".

This sounds great, but does one sometimes return home to find Java
applets<g> all over the floor?
ROFL! My feelings exactly. Actually, I'm looking forward to this demo - I always wanted a dog who could hold his beer as well as Andy...

Cheers

-- Joseph Pelrine [ | ] MetaProg GmbH Email: [hidden email] Web: http://www.metaprog.com "If you don't live on the edge, you're taking up too much space" - Doug Robinson