Dolphin comparable to VW valueNowOrOnUnwindDo:

Dolphin comparable to VW valueNowOrOnUnwindDo:

Jan Theodore Galkowski-2
I'm reading the Brant-Foote-Johnson-Roberts' "Wrappers to the
Rescue" from

  http://www.laputan.org/brant/brant.html

Does Dolphin have a method comparable to VW's "valueNowOrOnUnwindDo:"?
I looked around exception handling, Process, and the ProtoObject but
nothing looked comparable.

Thanks, and sorry if the Buckaroo Bonzai quote is appropriate:

  "If it was a snake, it'd have bit me!"

[From the site

   http://jerseyguy.com/bonzai.html

 which is, believe it or not, a complete transcript of the BB
 movie.  Gee, and I thought Smalltalkers were fixated.... (;-)} ]

 Jan Theodore Galkowski                           [hidden email]
 The Smalltalk Idiom                     http://www.algebraist.com/
             "Smalltalk?  Yes, it's really that slick."
Want to know more?  Check out
           http://www.dnsmith.com/SmallFAQ/
           http://www.object-arts.com/DolphinWhitePaper.htm
           http://st-www.cs.uiuc.edu/users/johnson/smalltalk/

Re: Dolphin comparable to VW valueNowOrOnUnwindDo:

John Brant
"Jan Theodore Galkowski" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> I'm reading the Brant-Foote-Johnson-Roberts' "Wrappers to the
> Rescue" from
>
>   http://www.laputan.org/brant/brant.html
>
> Does Dolphin have a method comparable to VW's "valueNowOrOnUnwindDo:"?
> I looked around exception handling, Process, and the ProtoObject but
> nothing looked comparable.

#ensure: is the equivalent message. It is part of the ANSI standard, but
when the paper was written VW didn't define it.

John Brant

Re: Dolphin comparable to VW valueNowOrOnUnwindDo:

Jan Theodore Galkowski-2
Thanks, John.