Dolphin live update functionality API?

Griff-2
Hi,

Is the Dolphin live update functionality exposed within the base api
such that a developer could incorporate it into his own program?

Re: Dolphin live update functionality API?

Sean M-8
> Hi,
>
> Is the Dolphin live update functionality exposed within the base api
> such that a developer could incorporate it into his own program?

I wouldn't call it an api. The system works by downloading a dolphin package
via http, and dynamically loading it into the image.

The code is all freely available for you to inspect... You could do a
similar thing by distributing a base application that dynamically loads
packages (even binary packages) at runtime. You could update thge software
simply by downloading new binary packages.

Andy showed a great example of this with his Smalltalk Web Start
application. Search the archives and you should turn it up pretty quickly.
It's a good sample of a dynamically updated application.