Dolphin on ME - menu problems?

Bill Schwab-2
Hello all,

Is anybody making a lot of use of Dolphin on ME?  I'm having a problem with
file access, and finally loaded my development image on the offending ME
box.  Here are some things that I noticed while using the IDE:

(1) Select text in workspace; right click; browse definitions, and get a
context menu appearing on top of prompter; but, there is no way to make a
selection until pressing ESC to jump out of it.

(2) The I-beam cursor of a workspace does not change to the arrow when over
the context menu opened by accelerator keys

(3) Context menus appear not to close after making a selection; must click
outside to close.

Anybody else seeing this stuff on ME?

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Dolphin on ME - menu problems?

John Aspinall
Bill,

> (1) Select text in workspace; right click; browse definitions, and get a
> context menu appearing on top of prompter; but, there is no way to make a
> selection until pressing ESC to jump out of it.
>
> (2) The I-beam cursor of a workspace does not change to the arrow when
over
> the context menu opened by accelerator keys
>
> (3) Context menus appear not to close after making a selection; must click
> outside to close.

I've just checked, and I experience all three of these on 98 (Second
Edition). To be honest, I'd only actually noticed (3) in the past (and even
then not often as I usually use accelerator keys).

I'd guess that (1) and (3) are related...?

Regards,

John Aspinall
Solutions Software

Re: Dolphin on ME - menu problems?

Bill Schwab-2
John,

> I've just checked, and I experience all three of these on 98 (Second
> Edition). To be honest, I'd only actually noticed (3) in the past (and
even
> then not often as I usually use accelerator keys).
>
> I'd guess that (1) and (3) are related...?

I'm starting to suspect the rich text control; it's been a moving target for
a long time.  Do you have an easy way to run 3.x on an offending machine?
An updated device driver combined with some better accounting on my part
might have fixed the other problem I was having - time will tell =:0

Thanks for confirming the problems!

Have a good one,

Bill

--
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.

Re: Dolphin on ME - menu problems?

John Aspinall
Bill,

> I'm starting to suspect the rich text control; it's been a moving target
> for a long time.

I think you may be right - context menus seem to work OK from the other
panes of the CHB.

> Do you have an easy way to run 3.x on an offending machine?

Yes - all three problems are present on 3.01.

> Thanks for confirming the problems!

Not at all!

John Aspinall
Solutions Software