Dolphin wiki

Esteban A. Maringolo
Hi,

Reading the interesting threads that arose in the last weeks, it
would be very useful to "save" them on a Wiki.

We could use a MediaWiki or Gorisek's WikiDoc.

We don't have an active wiki since a couple of years :-(

Regards,

--
Esteban.

Re: Dolphin wiki

Sebastián Sastre
Yes, it's a pity that we don't write the newsgroup's conclusions and
discoveries in wiki articles.

Sebastian

Esteban A. Maringolo escreveu:

> Hi,
>
> Reading the interesting threads that arose in the last weeks, it
> would be very useful to "save" them on a Wiki.
>
> We could use a MediaWiki or Gorisek's WikiDoc.
>
> We don't have an active wiki since a couple of years :-(
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Esteban.

Re: Dolphin wiki

Udo Schneider
Sebastián wrote:
> Yes, it's a pity that we don't write the newsgroup's conclusions and
> discoveries in wiki articles.
You can ;-)

As some of you have seen Mambo/Joomla had "some" problems on Dolphin
Map. I changed DM to use MediaWiki and I'm currently converting all the
stuff.

So if you want to write something ... feel free.

CU,

Udo

Re: Dolphin wiki

Esteban A. Maringolo
Udo Schneider escribió:

> Sebastián wrote:
>> Yes, it's a pity that we don't write the newsgroup's conclusions and
>> discoveries in wiki articles.
> You can ;-)
>
> As some of you have seen Mambo/Joomla had "some" problems on Dolphin
> Map. I changed DM to use MediaWiki and I'm currently converting all the
> stuff.
>
> So if you want to write something ... feel free.

Excelent news!

Thanks Udo!

--
Esteban.

Re: Dolphin wiki

tgkuo
On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 19:20:14 +0200, Udo Schneider
<[hidden email]> wrote:

>As some of you have seen Mambo/Joomla had "some" problems on Dolphin
>Map. I changed DM to use MediaWiki and I'm currently converting all the
>stuff.

Hi, Udo
   I just notice by the post that DM is now shifted to MediaWiki, but
it is written in PHP/MySQL, not Smalltalk empowered one.

   As you mentioned, on Dolphin, there is Gorisek's WikiDoc, but it is
not free and has no source code avalilable, I don't know whether
Gorisek had the plan to mercily include the source code in the
purchase.

   AFAIK, there are some free wiki frameworks availabe on Squeak, how
about the Smallwiki by Lukas, which is active developed on Seaside and
had its own newsgroup. It is said to be more OOP than any current
wikis. hope there is Dolphin port .... :) just a thought.

Yours

Tk Kuo

Re: Dolphin wiki

Udo Schneider
tgkuo wrote:

>    I just notice by the post that DM is now shifted to MediaWiki, but
> it is written in PHP/MySQL, not Smalltalk empowered one.
>
>    As you mentioned, on Dolphin, there is Gorisek's WikiDoc, but it is
> not free and has no source code avalilable, I don't know whether
> Gorisek had the plan to mercily include the source code in the
> purchase.
>
>    AFAIK, there are some free wiki frameworks availabe on Squeak, how
> about the Smallwiki by Lukas, which is active developed on Seaside and
> had its own newsgroup. It is said to be more OOP than any current
> wikis. hope there is Dolphin port .... :) just a thought.
Hi Tk Kou,

to be honest I would have preferred a Smalltalk solution as well. Give
the two constraints that a) it has to run under Linux (as this server is
serving a "few" domains more) and b) I don't want to run a Dolphin
Smalltalk Wiki on a non Dolphin Smalltalk I think MediaWiki is a good
choice (for now).

I have to admit though, that Pier (Smallwiki) is a very interesting
solution. However as long as the only real integrated storage engine is
"the image" and as long as it's only available on Squeak I'll not buy it.

I had pretty good success running Dolphin Apps (Console) under Wine on
Linux (with execellent performance BTW). So if the Seaside port is
finished, Pier ported and an external storage backend is integrated
(e.g. Omnibase or whatever), then Pier with OmniBase runnning in a
Dolphin App which runs under Linux using WINE might be the way to go.

CU,

Udo

> Yours
>
> Tk Kuo

Re: Dolphin wiki

David Gorisek-5
As I already promised the WikiDoc will be released with source code and
free to everyone who owns a Dolphin X6 Professional license. I have
already sent source code to some people in this newsgroup but haven't
gotten any response, so I don't know if anyone really needs this. Also,
since this is more or less voluntary work I haven't been able to
dedicate my time to really package the stuff with enough documentation,
and to send it to more people. BTW, WikiDoc can also run on any other
Smalltalk VM for which OmniBase is available.

So, if anyone is willing to help on developing WikiDoc please let me
know so I will send you the current state. Also, since I don't have time
to write down documentation, please also send me your Skype ID so that
we can schedule a desktop sharing session to explain the where, what and
how.

Best regards,

David Gorisek