Don't forget: Your talks at ESUG

stephane ducasse-2
19th International Smalltalk Joint Conference - Call for Contributions

                Edinburgh, England
                August 20-26 2011; Camp Smalltalk September 20-21
                http://esug.org/Conferences/2011/

This call includes:
        Developer program
        Free ESUG tickets
        International Workshop http://esug.org/Conferences/2011/International-Workshop-on-Smalltalk-Technologies
        Student Volunteer http://esug.org/Conferences/2011/Student+Volunteers+program
        Camp Smalltalk:  Saturday 20th - Sunday 21st August 2011.
        ESUG conference: Monday 22nd - Friday 26th August 2011.

This year will be held the
        - 7th edition of the Innovation Technology Awards where prizes will be
        awarded to authors of best pieces of Smalltalk-related projects
        -  an international workshop on Smalltalk and dynamic languages
        http://www.esug.org/wiki/pier/Conferences/2011/International-Workshop-on-Smalltalk-Technologies

        - ESUG will offer 10 free entrance tickets.
        To get a free ticket you should send a mail to the esug board ([hidden email])
                Subject: [ESUG 2011 Free entrance] + your name
                And you should write a small motivation.

You can support the ESUG conference in many different ways:

        * Sponsor the conference. New sponsoring packages are described at
                http://www.esug.org/supportesug/becomeasponsor/
        * Submit a talk, a software or a paper to one of the events. See
        below.

        * Attend the conference. We'd like to beat the previous record of
        attendance (156 participants at Brest and 170 people at Amsterdam, 150 at Barcelona)!

        * Students can get free registration and hosting if they enroll
        into the the Student Volunteers program. See below.

Developers Forum: International Smalltalk Developers Conference
This year we are looking for YOUR experience on using Smalltalk.
In addition, we are looking for tutorials. The
list of topics includes, but is not limited to the following:

* XP practices
* Development tools
* Experience reports
* Model driven development
* Web development
* Team management
* Meta-Modeling
* Security
* New libraries & frameworks
* Educational material
* Embedded systems and robotics
* SOA and Web services
* Interaction with other programming languages

Submissions due on 1 July  2010
Notification of acceptance on 5 of July 2010
More information at http://www.esug.org/conferences/2011

How to submit?
------------------
Pay attention: the places are limited so do not wait till the last
minute to apply. Prospective presenters should submit a request to
[hidden email] AND [hidden email]
following the template below. Please use this template since the
emails will be automatically processed!

Subject: [ESUG 2011 Developers] + your name

First Name:

Last Name:

Email where you can always be reached:

Title:

Abstract:

Bio:

Any presentation not respecting this form will be discarded automatically

Innovation Technology Award
We are proud to announce the 6th Innovation Technology Awards. The
top 3 teams with the most innovative software will receive,
respectively, 500 Euros, 300 Euros and 200 Euros during an awards
ceremony at the conference. Developers of any Smalltalk-based
software are welcome to compete. This year we will request 3-5min videos.
More information at http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2011/Innovation+Technology+Awards

Student Volunteer Program
If you are a student wanting to attend ESUG, have you considered
being a student volunteer? Student volunteers help keep the
conference running smoothly; in return, they have free
accommodations, while still having most of the time to enjoy the
conference.
More information at
http://www.esug.org/conferences/2011
http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2011/Student+Volunteers+program

We hope to see you there and have fun together.

Re: Don't forget: Your talks at ESUG

NiallRoss
1) See http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2011/Submissions-for-2011

2) It's in Edinburgh, SCOTLAND !!!!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNu8XDBSn10
(or read my 'lighthearted local history' page)