Done my first window...

eddie5659
Hiya
I posted a while back after having some problems with SmallTalk. I have
just started the language and after a long 2 hours I have done the
first tutorial ' a greeting window'. Some things got me lost but with a
bit of perserverance, I managed. Hopefully, I'll be on my way to more.
 I have the tutorials 1,2,16 and 39 for the OU course off the web. If I
can do these before next year (thats when I start) then I should pass.

I would appreciate any links or books that are relevant to a newbie.

Thank you in advance

Eddie

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Re: Done my first window...

Ted Bracht-2
Hi Eddie,

<[hidden email]> wrote in message news:942n85$l47$[hidden email]...

> Hiya
> I posted a while back after having some problems with SmallTalk. I have
> just started the language and after a long 2 hours I have done the
> first tutorial ' a greeting window'. Some things got me lost but with a
> bit of perserverance, I managed. Hopefully, I'll be on my way to more.
>  I have the tutorials 1,2,16 and 39 for the OU course off the web. If I
> can do these before next year (thats when I start) then I should pass.
>
> I would appreciate any links or books that are relevant to a newbie.

I would strongly suggest to do the PersonalMoney tutorial from Object Arts
and the extensions that Louis Sumberg wrote.
http://www.sirius.com/~lsumberg/PersonalMoney/

After that try a small project for yourself and ask help in this forum
whenever you get stuck.

If you don't want to sit in front of your computer all the time, buy some
bed-time reading like 'The Art and Science of Smalltalk' by Simon Lewis. But
remember, books are only supporting, you really only learn Smalltalk by
doing.

HTH

Ted